All right, be kind I am very new to this. And I apologize if this is in the wrong area.

I apparently picked a very hard phone to try and practice on. My hoped for end result is a blackberry 8530 curve from Sprint flashed to Cricket. I don't care if all the whistles work, it has wifi too.

I have been reading for the past few weeks and mucking around with the programs to see what is what. Since I do actually want to learn how to do this I am not paying anyone to get this SPC number for me. I also have no money in this phone so no worries.

Right now I have Uni-CDMA running.

From another forum I picked up a freely available 'loader' for my BB. (I'm not sure of how free this community is... I'm more familiar with Android where apparently everything is shared.. so this is confusing a bit.)

My issue was that my phone's OS locked down memory so it can't be scanned, it's 5.0 and that is as low as stock gets for that model. This loader thing has apparently put a 4.2 OS on my BB. Desktop manager wants to update the BB in the worst way.

Uni-CDMA gives me this:
hardware: Aug 06 2009 24:00:00
Software: Nov 27 2009 00:37:28

These are very different then what was there before.

Even more different is the Sec. Code field. I have 6 numbers there that before I used the loader were all 0's.

So, have I done it? Is that the SPC code??