(Mods: If this is not the correct place for this thread, feel free to move it to the correct section. Thanks!)

Well, the title says it all. Normally, data services setup on Sprint phones are vastly different from almost all other carriers, so when you take a Sprint V3m to any other network (or if you're dumb/curious, take any V3c/m and flash it to Sprint), data of course will not work (and on a freshly-flashed phone, anything that attemps to use data services will trigger the "Power Vision" provisioning crap, preventing you to open the browser or something like that).

The classic solution to this problem has been simple: pray, flash a gazillon of times to any MotoUI-based firmware (while you're stuck in that dreaded bootloader brawl), and use that to get data working on your phone. But i have other needs in mind: i'm a J2ME developer, and, having used the Sprint V3m firmware on my V3c a long time ago, i've noticed that their Java virtual machine is way much faster than the well-known Esmertec JBED present on Canadian firmwares, plus feature-wise it's a decent JVM. So i want to test my programs there. And here comes the problem: i'm not on Sprint. Hell, i'm not even in the United States! So if i ever try to test any MIDlet that requires network access on such firmware... well, you know how this story ends: "GO AND FLASH TO TELUS" :P

Searching in Google reveals me that Cricket Mafia guys have somewhat got WAP/data working on some Sprint phones on Cricket WITHOUT flashing away to another firmware, but i can find only stuff for Samsungs - nothing for the good ol' V3m. Soooo... has anyone EVER bothered to hack the supposedly "hardcoded-in-stone" Power Vision crap in Moto phones? Or everyone just called "meh, this is unpossible", and prefered to take the red pill and flash away to the lame-o BREW-enabled MotoUI firmwares? My goal here is to get a Sprint-flashed V3m working with data services (i don't care about MMS AT ALL, just want WAP) on a non-Sprint network (FYI, mine is Movilnet, in Venezuela, but such solution would be generic enough to work on VZW/Cricket/Telus/Iusacell/whatever - after all, most foreign firmwares work fine over here...)

Any hints? Help? Am I not crazy enough? No, i don't want no stinkin' Droid, thanks :P