Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Apprentice

Exclamation [SOLVED] Unlock Virgin Mobile Rumor Touch - LG VM510

I'm seriously about ready to start pulling out my hair. Pulling this kind of crap on a consumer is shameless, someone should start a class action lawsuit against LG. They claim they don't have the unlock codes for this phone, and LG claims their contract prohibits them from giving them out.

Ok, so after two days of screaming at Virgin Mobile and LG on the phone, and two more days of lurking around this forum, umpteen downloads and a virus scare.. I'm throwing my hands up in the air.

I've figured out that I can keep my modem port open for around a minute by opening a pdf file of the world map and zooming in on it. I've figured out a bunch of programs that do NOT give me my IMEI or SPC code, or whatever the hell it is I need to type in after I type in the command ##ports# to keep my modem port open.

I need some step by step instructions, preferably with links (that I can actually open) that will help me get to this point. IE: either dig the SPC code out of the NV RAM, or get the IMEI with a decoder program thingy that will correctly decode it.

Once I get that far, THEN I can REALLY dive in and try to brick my phone using bitpim and etc.

Thanks so much for any and all help!

p.s. Someone really should fix it so we can search and tag things using 'LG'
    Last edited by Crogon; 09-09-2010 at 03:33 PM.