I would like to tether a Motorola W385 (or V750, or V710), and use it for a PC modem, to use the PC on the internet. I've read for hours on Howard's Forums threads, (most are old posts....several years old) saying that it's possible to tether on Page Plus Cellular (PPC) in a QNC data mode at 14 kbps and use it without PPC charge. Can anyone help answer any of these questions:

Q1. Is QNC tethering on PPC (still?) possible; and if so can it be done without charge?

Q2. If so, do I have to first set up on PPC with a Data plan, and then use OTA programming? If that's correct, after purchasing and installing the Unlimited Talk and Text Plan ($44.95 a month), or the Talk and Text 1200 Plan ($29.95) for one month, can I just keep the account active via purchasing the 100 minutes plan ($10) each 120 days, and still have the free QNC tethering?

Q3. If all this is possible, is #777 the PPC number to use, and is QNC the username and QNC the password? I've been trying this; it acts like it's contacting an ISP, and then I get the error message (on the PC monitor) that my username and/or password are incorrect....... but I realize that's probably just a standard error message for numerous types of errors.

Q4. The BIG question, if tethering is possible, is ...... how? I'm presently on PPC with a 100 minute standard plan card with a Motorola W385. The W385 is unlocked. I have flashed it with a DST monster (not on Verizon), and then activated it on PPC with a standard plan ($10) and used OTA programming to get it working on PPC. I'm wondering if I need to flash it to a Verizon monster, to accomplish tethering? Beyond that, is a seem edit necessary?

I hope this it the best place for this new thread. Perhaps I should ask one question at a time, but I think if there's a CDMA guru out there who knows these answers, then it would be the same guru to answer them all.

Apologies for the long post, but I've been all over the internet trying to figure this out, and I'm stumbling. Thank you very much for any response to these questions.