Join Today

Site Sponsor

Threaded View

Metropcs MMS Solution for verizon iphone flashed to metropcs........

I've finally done it..... the solution to get mms working on a verizon iphone flashed to metropcs is quite easy. First I would like to give respect to "Rich Hathaway" for all his hard work surrounding the cdma iphone. Without rich I would really be lost on all this. Also "Whitey10c", "amoamare", "------------", "dex", and all the other heavy hitters on this forum that has helped in the past and will help in the future. Also I want to thank the guys who created and manage the easyflashstudio repo. cant be done without that commcenter patch either. Last and definately not least- I wanna thank cdmagurus.com for creating a place for me to sharpen my skills and make a career out of something I really love to do. Flashers UNITE>>>>>>>>>>> Forward Progress is The Only Progress.....

Now on to the good stuff lol..... ready?
    [hide-thanks]
    *Easiest way= Add my cydia repo and install my mms fix package from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] must have commcenter patch for "ALL" methods

*Easier= just install commcenter patch and tetherme then edit your mmsc in apn settings to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

*My prefered way below=
    requirements:
    1: jailbroken and flashed verizon iphone already activated on metropcs with 3g data working. (only tested on 5.0.1 and 5.1.1)
    2: commcenter patch from cydia.easyflashstudio.com
    3: download iFile from cydia--I got mine from the xsellize repo
    4: open iFile and navigate to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/Zeppelin_US.bundle
    5: open carrier.plist with plist viewer and open "AllowedMultimodeSIMs"/20404
    6: open MMS and scroll down to MMSC and change to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    7: back out to carrier.plist and scroll down to MMS and open.
    8: scroll down to MMSC again and change to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] like in step 6.
    9: click done and exit ifile.
    10: reboot and you should now have mms working with no probs.

i prefer the longer way. I never had a problem that way but all methods have been tested by me on verizon iphone. I suggest you be on ios 5.1.1 for best results...
    [/hide-thanks]

Don't forget to hit the thanks if I helped you in any way. Thanks guys.

Big Thanks again to Whitey10c
    Last edited by marley183rd; 07-26-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: I wanted to add my repo that I created for easier fix
    ADD YOUR ESN TO METRO EMAIL: MARLEY183RD@GMAIL.COM