Join Today

Site Sponsor

Thread: esn problems

Newb
    Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States

Default esn problems

I have two evo 4gs. 1 i bought off craigslist that has a bad esn but is physically fine, the other is mine that i dropped and broke (ok shattered!) but the esn is good. how can i swap the esns? its not illegal because i own both phones sprint knows that i have both of them so please dont chastise me.

Default Re: esn problems

Due to the legal nature / illegal nature of MEID repair instructions are not provided in the public forums, or via the private message system. There are ample instructions in the (paid) premium forum.

Now a few notes, questions?
    You say the old evo is shattered? What condition is the main board in?
    The reason I ask this, is it would be quicker/easier for you to change the boards out than repair the MEID. Basically around 5 screws and three cables to disconnect and the boards come right out. But then you may run into the LCD cable being a different size. But they're cheap.
    Now for the theory that you own the phones, that may be a case, but in Sprints eyes one has a bad ESN, for what reason? Unpaid account? Insurance writeoff? etc? That's where it gets picky and technical in legal issues and also why instructions are only provide to the premium club members.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

dude come on,
    to set the record straight,
    it does not matter that you own both phones and sprint knows it.the fcc says it is illegal to swap/change/repair or "fool" with your esn it makes not a bit of difference that you own the phones,the fcc owns and regulates the esn/meid.it is the same as an illegal wire tap,it would make it so that when one number is called more than one phone would be privi to the same call [highly illegal]. im not trying to burn you just to inform you.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

BABY NEWB

The phone has a bad esn for a reason and coming from craigslist it could be stolen. So you wanting to change a serial number on a phone that might be stolen is very illegal. Best thing to do is swap the two boards like Rich said. Very easy to do.

1- Remove battery cover, battery and memory card.
    2- remove 6 screws around the edge
    3- pry back cover off
    4- remove 1 screw top right hand corner
    5- undo the 2 flex cables on middle left side.
    6- Remove board

Quote Originally Posted by captainkirks View Post
    The phone has a bad esn for a reason and coming from craigslist it could be stolen. So you wanting to change a serial number on a phone that might be stolen is very illegal. Best thing to do is swap the two boards like Rich said. Very easy to do.

1- Remove battery cover, battery and memory card.
    2- remove 6 screws around the edge
    3- pry back cover off
    4- remove 1 screw top right hand corner
    5- undo the 2 flex cables on middle left side.
    6- Remove board
    I agree bro. if you have to ask about that sort of thing. then you obviously are a newjack to the flashing community and might be a little in over your head trying to change the esn. 1: you might just end up messing up the phone 2: you might end your ass up in jail. The fact that you had to ask that publicly makes you a primary target for the feds. just a tip.