Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Newb

Using rich's/ydiddys tool? I thought newer cdma phones had meid's..... Not esn. Will it ota update via *228?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Meid repair of iphone is possible

the problem is not getting item "0" to stick,it is hard coded in the phone,so dont waste yer time,you CAN NOT write it,period.there is another way to address this problem.

fyi, when it is done it creates several other problems such as itunes will not respect your phone unless it is in dfu,which that us not such a big deal,i dont even use it for media anyway,there are to many other tools available without the restrictions of itunes.

and 2, if your phone ever "dumps" and iphones do this on occasion youwill be left with no service again until this proccess is redone, and ota will not work anymore as well.

and if happen to have to restore the phone while meid is not original,well then you will be stuck "in limbo" with no way to activate the phone to get back into it.the dealer tool will not even work to activate it nor will a dev account. so beware.i have 3 like that now.
    pretty sure there other "bugs" as well.

having said that it does work. but is not perfected.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 08-02-2012 at 05:31 PM.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thanks for clarifying this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    and if happen to have to restore the phone while meid is not original,well then you will be stuck "in limbo" with no way to activate the phone to get back into it.the dealer tool will not even work to activate it nor will a dev account. so beware.i have 3 like that now.
    I posted this earlier as an edit to another post, so you might've missed it:

Jailbreaking with the latest Redsn0w in DFU mode and installing [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] to /var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall with iPhone Explorer (not sure if the latest version allows jailbreak filesystem access, I used iPhone Explorer 0.992) will allow iPhoneCDMATool to connect.

I've done this several times and was able to get my iPhone back each time. Redsn0w almost gave me a heart attack the first time because it kept crashing at "loading stage 1". Tried it on another computer and it worked fine; I guess it hates my laptop.

Newb

So is this possible yet? And was this solution posted in Premium?

Quote Originally Posted by xavx2 View Post
    So is this possible yet? And was this solution posted in Premium?
    possible yes, posted no.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2