Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Assistance Requested: How to change WAP settings in LG VX7100 Glance

We're in the process of switching from AT&T (I currently have a WinMo GSM phone) to Verizon MVNO PagePlus. Since my house is in a rural area and our friends sometimes have signal problems here, I decided to get an inexpensive feature phone first. Once I confirm that network coverage (Verizon) is good enough, I plan to pass the phone to my wife (she hates smartphones) and buy a Droid 3. I purchased an LG refurbished VX7100 Glance (we like bar style phones) to experiment with.

The phone is nice enough (it's quite small and lightweight) and PagePlus works quite well in our area for voice and text. Data, on the other hand, doesn't work at all - the phone can't seem to connect. Customer Support at PagePlus tells me that some feature phones cannot be setup for their data network, which apparently differs just enough from Verizon's. They were nice enough to provide me with some of the required settings.

After some Google searching, I learned how to access the phone's Service Menu (##PROGRAM7100 - SEND - 000000). There I see several settings that differ from what PagePlus gave me, specifically the Primary and Secondary Proxy Addresses. I strongly suspect these are the problem.

Even though I can see the settings, and the screens say "Enter Text", nothing I do lets me change/edit the settings I see. None of the keys, including key combinations, does anything other than return to the previous screen or exit the Service Menu. Further Google searching has failed to yield a solution. So close yet so far away.

Does anyone know how I can change/edit these settings?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated,

Tenaya

Default Re: Assistance Requested: How to change WAP settings in LG VX7100 Glance

You will need LGNPST and the dll and driver then you should be able to make the changes correctly and do the full flash.

Newb

Default Re: Assistance Requested: How to change WAP settings in LG VX7100 Glance

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    You will need LGNPST and the dll and driver then you should be able to make the changes correctly and do the full flash.
    I downloaded LGNPST. Do you happen to know where I can get the dll an driver for the LG VX7100 Glance?

Thanks,

Tenaya

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaya View Post
    I downloaded LGNPST. Do you happen to know where I can get the dll an driver for the LG VX7100 Glance?

Thanks,

Tenaya
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], if not there let me know will upload for you.
    If someone has helped you please show your appreciation and hit the Thanks button.
    Check out our server for any GSM Unlock phone or Blackberry CDMA SPC Code
    1# Sourceunlocks.com