Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alltel Flash

Newb

Default Alltel Flash

I've scoured the internet for about a month now and I'm getting desperate. I'm with alltel. I got them to enter the ESN of the EVO into the database and activate the phone. Calls and SMS work perfectly. I have rooted the phone and have a custom sense-based rom. I still can't manage to get data functioning properly on the phone, not matter what settings I enter into the EPST menu or using QPST. When I attempt to use the phone's browser, I get the "Mobile Web Subscription" page prompting me to pay for internet usage. Is there something I'm missing? Would knowing the proper DSA Server URL help? Thanks.

Does it display the subscribe page when you try to goto www.cdmagurus.com? Do you have the 3g icon? And does alltel have data on the account?

Newb

Default Re: Alltel Flash

Yes, I get "Mobile Web Subscription To access the content you selected, you must sign up to be a Mobile Web Subscriber." I don't have 3g now, but I don't get data when I do. Yes, data has always worked flawlessly before switching to this phone.
    Thanks for helping.

Newb

Would I need to install an Alltel ROM on the phone?

You'll need to double check the EVDO setting and make sure those are correct (username and password). Using CDMA WS 3.5+ is the best but can be done with cdma ws 2.7 by editing the nv files correctly.
    As for an Alltel ROM for the EVO 4G, I haven't seen one. But if you find one feel free to share it here.

Newb

I'll try again. I guess I just haven't found the right set. Thanks.
    I was told by an alltel rep that I should try a comparable alltel rom from their software site, which is severely lacking, hence why I am using a sprint phone. I don't know as much about this as i thought i did apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast