Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Do flashed phones work in Chicago?

Ok so I have an Evo 4G rooted and s-off......i fully flashed to cricket following tuts from here and from crucketusers forums....i have posted this over there with no luck.

I have checked the info in qpst countless times...MIN/MDN is correct......i have had my esn changed to the new one thru cricketusers.....i have made sure i am on the $45 android plan.

I am in chicago which is an aws area. I am running cm7 but have had the same luck with stock rooted. Here is the problem. I get internet no problem....I DO NOT GET TALK AND TEXT.

So i called the cricket corporate store on north ave in chicago...after 1800cricket indian woman told me to take it to them and they would flash it and get it working no charge.....after calling the store, the guy told me that i absolutley cannot use a flashed phone because Chicago is an AWS area....heres the kicker...i just flashed my friends verizon dinc and he lives in willowbrook(about 35 miles from chicago)...HIS WORKS NO PROBLEM....i told the guy this and he says its just an anomoly...

WHO IN CHICAGO HAS A FLASHED EVO? WHAT PRL ARE YOU ON? IS IT HYBRID? AM I SCREWED? WHAT DO I DO NOW?

I HAVE FLASHED OVER 50 PRLs AND WHEN I CALL OUT I GET " YOUR ACCOUNT IS NOT AUTHORIZED TO MAKE CALLS TO THIS NUMBER" ON ALL OF THEM.......5% OF THE TIME I CAN MAKE A CALL....THEN NOTHING....HALF THE TIME IT NEVER CONNECT TO MAKE A CALL, JUST BOUNCES ME BACK TO THE DIALPAD.

PLEASE HELP!

ORIGINAL POST FROM [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Do flashed phones work in Chicago?

flashed phones in aws markets generally will only work roaming
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

This is something that I've seen people saying it will work and then others that have similar problems. Like Rich said "if" it works it will be roaming. If you really dig deep into the subject you'll see that there are some that have had working service for years and others that have spotty service or have been shut off completely.

Newb

ok so i am kinda new at this does this mean i need to use nationwide roaming prls, the 4 digit ones? or hybrid 5 digit ones? see this is what i dont get...I have tried all of these and still nothing

then these give me no signal at all

Last edited by notahacker420; 05-07-2012 at 11:35 PM.