Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Multi-Network Gevey

Has anyone ever experience using the Gevey for the CDMA iPhone 4S Works fine with carrier version 11.0 but after the carrier was updated to 11.3 it no longer works.

Is there a way to downgrade the carrier setting on a CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4S from 11.3 to 11.0

Also I noticed that when using the Gevey the phone actually uses the carrier vf nl 11.0 Which im assuming is Vodafone Netherlands? instead of the Verizon Carrier.

Newb

Thumbs up Re: Multi-Network Gevey

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy_computers View Post
    Has anyone ever experience using the Gevey for the CDMA iPhone 4S Works fine with carrier version 11.0 but after the carrier was updated to 11.3 it no longer works.

Is there a way to downgrade the carrier setting on a CDMA (Verizon) iPhone 4S from 11.3 to 11.0

Also I noticed that when using the Gevey the phone actually uses the carrier vf nl 11.0 Which im assuming is Vodafone Netherlands? instead of the Verizon Carrier.

Okay Figured it out. Just in-case anyone else has this issue in the future you have to go to /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ and get the old bundle which was named Vodafone.nl and place its contents in /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier Bundle.bundle. That downgraded my carrier version from 11.3 to 11.0. Luckly I had an iPhone 4S also for Verizon which wasn't updated to pull the bundle from.

Newb

Default Re: Multi-Network Gevey

Worked like charm! Had exactly the same problem with TPSIM from ChinaSn0w. Solved! Thank you very much.

Newb

I created this account SPECIFICALLY TO THANK THIS MAN!! (and I NEVER participate in these forums- i just read)
    I LOVE U

Newb

How do you actually do the downgrade from 11.3 to 11.0 please. I see where you have to replace files in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ and get the old bundle which was named Vodafone.nl and place its contents in /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier Bundle.bundle. Thanks

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by dtronx View Post
    How do you actually do the downgrade from 11.3 to 11.0 please. I see where you have to replace files in /System/Library/Carrier Bundles/iPhone/ and get the old bundle which was named Vodafone.nl and place its contents in /private/var/mobile/Library/carrier Bundle.bundle. Thanks
    When you "place" The Contents into the folder, that is the 'Downgrade". Just respiring or reboot.

Also for Folks actually using At&t/Red Pocket/H20 (any At&t MVNO carrier) and you want iMessage/Facetime to work all you have to do is change the +44 Number in the carrier.plist to 28818773

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast