Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Upgrade Firmware Without Losing Flash?

Hey, I'm currently using my flashed iPhone 4 on firmware 4.2.7; My question is, is there anyway for me to upgrade to the new 5.0 firmware without losing my Talk + Text. (Last time I upgraded, I had to reprogram my phone ota witch was a headache!).. Thanks!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Upgrade Firmware Without Losing Flash?

the new firm is 5.1 but why would you want to upgrade? if your phone is working now,leave it.unless your just looking for a headache.if its not broke ...........
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Thanks for the reply Rich, the reason I want the new firmware is it has the "Notification Center" which I think would be quite useful after getting 3G from the DFS flash... Any idea?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

upgrade then reflash is your option.they wont charge you again.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Lieftime Premium Member cellfonepimp's Avatar

I dont quite understand how, my son whom has a flashed phone I did way back using ssh. He has since updated twice, both times using OTA via wifi and has not lost his flash. I tried duplicating it and lost the flash, right now hes 5.1 flashed no JB.
    Last edited by cellfonepimp; 04-14-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Newb

Mine is 5.1 flashed. Installed something from cydia caused phone not to start again. Keeps restarting. I put the phone in DFU mode and restored and I didn't lose the flash. Phone still working eventhough first flash required the commcenter patch and that requires JB. After restore I didn't JB and no commcenter installed and phone is working perfectly. Yes the carrier name changed back to Sprint but I didn't care. I don't know about upgrading.
    I received a phone also for a friend and had to restore, he didn't lose his flash. I installed 5.1 for him and I think he was 4.x. Not sure though (He didn't know and I had to restore cause it won't start so I can check the iOS version), but am 60% sure it was 4.x before I restore it.