Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

Default [Sprint] iPhone 4 / 4s SPC "MSL" reset to 0's *Jailbreak Required*

As I said before to reset the SPC "MSL" of the iPhone 4 or 4's you need to edit the "carrier.pri" file and change this part of the file. *BACKUP* *BACKUP* *BACKUP*
    From

To

Here is the text version.
    <key>Security Grouping</key>
    <dict>
    <key>Field Service Code</key>
    <string>000000</string>
    <key>NAM Programming code</key>
    <string>000000</string>
    <key>Number of Subsidy Lock/SPC Attempts</key>
    <integer>15</integer>
    <key>OTKSL (One-Time Subsidy Lock)</key>
    <string>000000</string>
    <key>Service Programming Code (SPC)</key>
    <string>000000</string>
    <key>Service Programming Code Change Enabled</key>
    <true/>
    </dict>

I RECOMMEND USING pLIST Editor for Windows, or any pLIST Editor to keep the format correct and file valid.

Q.) Why did you post only how to do it and not just post the files ?
    A.) Because A) My files have certain values I dont want you to have, B) You dont learn anything from it. C) Stop being lazy.

Q.) It doesn't appear to be working.
    A.) Try increment the bundle build version, carrier pri version only increment it by 1.

Q.) It's still not working
    A.) Get CDMATool.com, should get it anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Newb

Default Re: [Sprint] iPhone 4 / 4s SPC "MSL" reset to 0's *Jailbreak Required*

Worked very well with Sprint iphone 4 ios 5.0.1
    Didn't work on Sprint iphone 4S same ios 5.0.1, any idea what could be the problem? I did the same as you mentioned and it worked on the 4, not the 4S?!

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

I did not personally test this on a 4/s sorry i should have made that clear. I had one person test and reported it worked for them. Ill see what they did.

Apprentice

i tested this on 4s. wouldn't get signal. I incremented version in couple different places then finally got signal. to test if unlock worked, what is a sure way to confirm? would a dialer code such as ##spc# confirm??? (it doesn't work, just dials out) I dont wanna sign up for an account only to fail ota...

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

You can try ##akey i do not have a 4's to do further testing.

Newb

I have the 4s, I can dial the ota update and get answer but getting the ota update from my carrier fail cause the assume spc 0's. ##akey asks for spc password 0's rejected. Script didn't work. I will keep increasing the version by one several times and see what will happen. If you have any thoughts let me know, am willing to test and report back results.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast