Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: DFS flashed Iphone MMS Solution

Quote Originally Posted by chewdog316 View Post
    Contacted the DFS fellows in the Ukraine. Really nice, but hard to communicate with.
    Anyways, he modified some stuff and updated the phone to get DATA (web) working, but MMS still doesnt work.
    Any suggestions?
    As far as working for MetroPCS, it is unconfirmed.
    Just wanted to add that FaceTime doesnt work either.

BABY NEWB
    Mobile Files Advisor

Facetime does work, place them in your phones as user iPhone. It will say activiation waiting blah blah. But face time will still work.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by amoamare View Post
    Facetime does work, place them in your phones as user iPhone. It will say activiation waiting blah blah. But face time will still work.
    Oh, well that is good news. Can you clarify though, what does "place them in your phones as user Iphone" mean.
    Also, while your at it, do you know why my outgoing MMS does not work. I can recieve at least. Everything else seems to run great.
    The only thing, is that I had to skype with the Ukraine tech support and give them control of the computer (scary) to get it working. He basically just put in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] into several Data slots. he also inputted some numbers that Im not sure what they were.
    Thank you for your help Amoamare.

M-F Advisor
    Mobile Files Advisor

Quote Originally Posted by chewdog316 View Post
    Oh, well that is good news. Can you clarify though, what does "place them in your phones as user Iphone" mean.
    Also, while your at it, do you know why my outgoing MMS does not work. I can recieve at least. Everything else seems to run great.
    The only thing, is that I had to skype with the Ukraine tech support and give them control of the computer (scary) to get it working. He basically just put in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] into several Data slots. he also inputted some numbers that Im not sure what they were.
    Thank you for your help Amoamare.
    Well even the most inexperienced flasher knows every phone that gets data needs to have credentials configured. That small "basically just put it", is the WHOLE issue of data working or not. Don't sound like an idiot or ignorant and downplay someones work if you have no idea why and what for. That simple assignment he wrote to your phone is the difference in your data working and what many of us techs have been trying to do to this phone for the past year.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

chewdog make sure for mms in the cell networt data tab reads @mycricket.com and not @vzw or sprint.com
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lexcell View Post
    Well even the most inexperienced flasher knows every phone that gets data needs to have credentials configured. That small "basically just put it", is the WHOLE issue of data working or not. Don't sound like an idiot or ignorant and downplay someones work if you have no idea why and what for. That simple assignment he wrote to your phone is the difference in your data working and what many of us techs have been trying to do to this phone for the past year.

Sorry to offend you.

Thanks Rich for the information. I guess the whole purpose of my postings was that "out of the box" the DFS solution did not work. I had to connect with one of the Tech's and he actually did all the extra work.

Can anyway clarify the Facetime thing?

Thanks again for the info.
    Last edited by chewdog316; 04-01-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast