Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Unable to OTA, which PRL should I be using?

I originally set up my android in Colorado and was able to OTA giving me a 45613 PRL. I have since moved to Missouri (just south of Kansas City) and wanted an updated PRL for the area, but now I can't *228. I still have 3G, 1X, and sometimes it randomly roams, but my signal is absolutely poor (-105dBm if I'm lucky in some spots as long as I don't move around). I know a new PRL is not a magic signal booster, but I'm tired of the phone randomly roaming or switching back and forth between 3g and 1x. How do I determine which PRL I could be using or should I just leave well enough alone and keep it as is? I have also called cricket to get the right SID. They said use 12345 with the explanation that that uses any tower instead of a dedicated tower, but I didn't see much of an improvement. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Phone: LG-LW690 Optimus C
    Rooted with Gingerbreak
    Running CM7.2 Android version 2.3.7

Default Re: Unable to OTA, which PRL should I be using?

There's a lot of factors for signal.
    PRL
    Radio
    Phone
    Also have you tried *22804?
    What plan are you on?
    How does you phone appear to be listed on the account?

Which PRL is the best? This is going to depend on trial and error. Some will say the one you have now is good, others will say that 35613 is the best. I would start with prl first, then if that doesn't solve it after trying a couple different ones see if there's a radio update for the phone.

Newb

On the $55 unlimited plan. Did try *22804, still a no go. I have been playing trial and error all morning with a lot of the PRLs I could find, so far 45613 has been the best. How would I find a radio update and subsequently apply it on the phone. I do have CDMATool if that helps. Thanks for your quick response!

Try this one
    http://cdmagurus.com/forum/prls/cricket/Cricket35568andSprint60681.prl
    it's a hybrid Sprint/cricket combo. There's a couple in the PRL page linked at the top of the page.

Newb

Thanks again for your help. Tried the hybrid PRL using CDMATOOL but no luck. For some reason it closed the port on me when I tried to write it. I can write any other PRL I have, but when I try the hybrid cricket/sprint PRLs (both found on the PRL list), it destroys the port and keeps whatever I already have on the phone. Any ideas?
    Last edited by buckyvr4; 03-11-2012 at 08:04 PM.

Newb

You should left it. It is better.