Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Flashed a cricket .prl, still can't get OTA with Cricket (iphone 4 CDMA 5.0.1)

Hello, i'm new to this forum but I've been looking for solutions to this problem and it seems like there are knowledgeable people here.

I have attempted to flash my (jailbroken) iphone 4 CDMA with os 5.0.1 to cricket by switching .prl files and attempting OTA programming. I've switch my .prl files countless times, and every time I attempt to OTA program my phone by dialing *228 and/or *2280x (x meaning any of the digits 0-9) I either get a message saying my iphone is not authenticated, or the Verizon programming OTA service (well, except *22803, which is always Sprint). Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Now, I'm not sure if I would have to activate my MEID/ESN on Cricket before i attempt this, I have heard that even if you don't activate it you can still reach cricket by dialing *228, *22804, or *22806. I have also checked the Cricket map, and where I live (Boston ,MA) is covered under the service map.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Newb

Default Re: Flashed a cricket .prl, still can't get OTA with Cricket (iphone 4 CDMA 5.0.1)

i have the same exact problem and i cant find any help on the matter look everywere online i hope some one finds a souloution please let me know if you do thanxs

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Flashed a cricket .prl, still can't get OTA with Cricket (iphone 4 CDMA 5.0.1)

sounds like you need to chk your prl.do this by going to settings/general/about then scroll down to "carrier" tap it until you see prl.

i am betting you dont have a cricket prl assigned to your phone yet.

if you do have a cricket prl and your ota is not getting to cricket then you will need to (for ota to work) go to somewhere else in your city,or perhaps the city next to you and try.ota has troubles in some areas.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here