Join Today

Site Sponsor

Thread: New here

Newb

Default New here

Hello, I am new here.
    I have a Alltel Blackberry 8130 and I am wanting to flash it to Cricket. The area that I am in, according to Cricket is a Tri-band area. Is it going to be possible at all to flash a Alltel Blackberry to Cricket's service? I don't mind at all if MMS doesn't work.

Seeing that I am new to all of this but do learn fairly quickly, Where would I begin to flash my bb at?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: New here

welcome to gurus dude,try the flashing basics section of the forum,then jump over to the cricket section and look for blackberry.feel free to ask any questions as well.good luck.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Default Re: New here

Quote Originally Posted by anjers View Post
    Hello, I am new here.
    I have a Alltel Blackberry 8130 and I am wanting to flash it to Cricket. The area that I am in, according to Cricket is a Tri-band area. Is it going to be possible at all to flash a Alltel Blackberry to Cricket's service? I don't mind at all if MMS doesn't work.

Seeing that I am new to all of this but do learn fairly quickly, Where would I begin to flash my bb at?
    The thing with triband markets and flashed phones, to my understanding. Is the native cricket market is triband AWS while it does have the Sprint coverage, cricket generally does not allow flashed phones to be activated in the AWS areas, because it would always be using the partner (Sprint) coverage. While there have been some reports of success, I have also heard of people porting their numbers they had for years, activating, then 2-3 months later loosing the number because they were terminated for TOS violations.

I had buddy that went to Vegas for month on Temp job and cricket killed his line after 3 weeks. He was able to get his line re-activated by buying a cheap cricket phone but some have not been so lucky.

Newb

Default @rich Hathaway

@rich hathaway I hear you are the guy who actaully figures it out How much would it cost for me to come to you and get my iphone fully flashed before you release it publicly and you probably been asked that a thousand times sorry im new here lol