Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Droid X flashing to straight talk

First off, let me say that I am a noob. That being said, I didn't have the information to do this myself.

I read about flashing android phones to straight talk on another forum. The details on how to do this were not given and no one would share. It did get me interested so I searched online for any how to info. But, I couldn't find any reliable info. I did find a few companies that will do it.

The first company I tried flashed an htc incredible. It worked for one phone call. I tried to have them fix it but they couldn't.

Then I tried a droid x with another company. I just got it and I haven't been able to make a call yet. They had me call straight talk to figure it out but nothing has worked. I have full bars and can get online. But no calls or texts in/out.

Apparently it worked fine for the guy who flashed it. He is in a different state and I don't know if the change in zip code has anything to do with it or not. It is a cdma phone on the verizon network. My last working phone was cdma through verizon and worked fine here.

If anybody has any useful insight on this, I am in desperate need of help. This process has left me without a phone for almost 2 months. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Newb

Default Re: Droid X flashing to straight talk

Quote Originally Posted by rizaydog View Post
    First off, let me say that I am a noob. That being said, I didn't have the information to do this myself.

I read about flashing android phones to straight talk on another forum. The details on how to do this were not given and no one would share. It did get me interested so I searched online for any how to info. But, I couldn't find any reliable info. I did find a few companies that will do it.

The first company I tried flashed an htc incredible. It worked for one phone call. I tried to have them fix it but they couldn't.

Then I tried a droid x with another company. I just got it and I haven't been able to make a call yet. They had me call straight talk to figure it out but nothing has worked. I have full bars and can get online. But no calls or texts in/out.

Apparently it worked fine for the guy who flashed it. He is in a different state and I don't know if the change in zip code has anything to do with it or not. It is a cdma phone on the verizon network. My last working phone was cdma through verizon and worked fine here.

If anybody has any useful insight on this, I am in desperate need of help. This process has left me without a phone for almost 2 months. Any information will be greatly appreciated.
    No one can help me? Can anyone offer any information on flashing this myself.

no sorry straight talk involves esn changing and we do not discuss this on the forum

Newb

Thanks for your reply. I don't actualy need any help with that part of the equation. Could you help me with the rooting/flashing aspect? What files/software do I need to install onto the phone ect.. Any help that you can give me would be great. If not, maybe a link to a place where they do talk about this or key words.

rooting would be super1click or petes motorola root thats the easiest way

flashing info no idea