Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newb

Default sprint palm pre --> cricket = :(

So Ive been researching and doing things for days now and I still cant figure this out. I honestly think Ive ****ed things up for myself because I gave myself a toy with immense power and did some things I shouldnt have. But thats hardly the point now. Rather, Im trying to figure out how to fix it and make things normal again.

I have a palm pre I wanted on cricket so my girlfriend could have a better phone. Read up on the guides, downloaded the rom's, edited some files, got things going and ready to roll.

So. The process went something like this.

Downloaded PalmPre_Rom_qinray_1.0.3.treo8 rom.
    Installed rom
    Booted up, got profile using wifi
    Developer mode enabled
    USB passthrough enabled
    Loaded into QXDM/QPST - got my SPC
    (heres where things get interesting)

updated PRL to new cricket PRL
    (then I got cocky)
    Updated to 1.4.5 WebOS
    Everything seemed to work fine, but in QXDM the MEID/ESN were off. So I ran the script again.

And thats where I ****ed myself (methinks). I wrote over some of the memory addresses from 1.4.5 using the old locations from 1.0.3.

Now the Pre is stuck. I cant NVedit ANYTHING in QXDM, as all of the ESN/MEID things are stuck in read-only and I cant fix any of them. Wont let me write to those locations no matter WHAT rom Im in.

Now my question is this - can I get those back? A bunch of WebOS Doctor restores from 1.0.3 to 1.3.5 to 1.4.1 and nothing seems to be fixed.

So I guess I need a COMPLETE NVitem back up...but the problem is, I dont have one because Im dumb and didnt make one. Can I get someone else's pre and do a backup from that? Can I download one online from some nice awesome person that could make one and send it to me?

I guess in the long run Im not THAT hosed, as its just a backup phone, but in the end, I DID want it to be a WORKING backup phone, not just a half-assed PDA.

So, any information would be awesome, as Im gonna be posting this on a NUMBER of other forums.

Thanks for all of the help.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 12-01-2011 at 04:51 PM. Reason: removed content to conform to posting rules

Newb

Default Re: sprint palm pre --> cricket = :(

You just linked by to my thread. Ive read A LOT of the threads online...nothing so far...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

ok thread restored,but no mention of changing or re-writing esn/meids here or anywhere in the forum guys.

now having said that here is your mistake

"And thats where I ****ed myself (methinks). I wrote over some of the memory addresses from 1.4.5 using the old locations from 1.0.3."

and you hit the nail on the head when you said u need to restore the nv to your phone. that will fix it for u.

i have about 40 of them here,but am a little bakced up today,so if u cant find someone to dump nv's for you i will do it for you but cant get to it until tomorrow.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

That would be awesomely awesome. Really, if I restore the NV items to their proper place, it should fix everything - theoretically? I guess my main issue, is just HOW to restore them properly? Using a tool like CDMA workshop (not changing anything ILLEGAL - just fixing the nvitems), I could, or should I manually go back through and replace everything in QXDM?

I just want this phone to go back to normal, so I can get back to using it properly.

Newb

reload the rom need help pm me ill love too help

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

ok,open workshop-go to security-send the spc-go to memory-click write in the nv box-select this file-accept the warning to send spc again-wait for nv's to load-pull battery out and replace =done

[hide-thanks]http://www.4shared.com/document/3I-vTMUC/Palm_Pre_NVs__1_.html[/hide-thanks]
    push thanks buttons to reveal hidden content
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 12-04-2011 at 04:24 PM. Reason: typo
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast