Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I phones on H20-the definitive does it work thread

So I just signed up to sell for these guys (I sell anything to make a $). I've searched the net and get conflicting responses.

What iOSs/basebands are compatible with H20? All? Many say no jailbreak/unlock is needed for any Iphone. Does this include iOS5?

I do see that MMS requires access to Cellular Network Data.

Default Re: I phones on H20-the definitive does it work thread

ArkieKDealer...Ok I will try and explain H2O to you.You DO NOT need to unlock the iphone to use an H2O card in it but if its already jailbroken and unlocked I would use redsn0w to deactivate it then let itunes activate the phone....You can download the profile so you can get 3g data using the H2O website but the one catch is...if you want to be able to MMS...you must jailbreak the phone so you can enable the cellular data network tab.I get really good data speeds using the H2O on and Iphone 4 but using a 3GS or 3G I always seem to get much slower data speeds...So as far as the firmware goes you are safe because its basically an AT&T card...just be aware of the jailbreak issue in order to get MMS working.

BABY NEWB

I am a master agent for h2o here is what we sent our dealers, any question feel free to pm me. Also anyone who wants to sell h2o let me know. We offer free sim cards

Dear Dealer,
    Below are the configurations Steps for 3 handset models ( I Phone, Androids Smartphone and Blackberry).

I Phone

English Video Guide [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spanish Video Guide [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

1) To configure any iPhone model the customer must have the phone connected to

wifi and the phone must be jailbroken with cydia installed. At the moment only iPhones

with firmware version 4.3.3 and under can be jailbroken. To jailbreak the phone and

acquire cydia using a phone with firmware version 4.3.3, the customer simply has to

go to jailbreakme.com from the iphone and install cydia.If the firmware version is lower

then 4.3.3 please follow this link-

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

*Customers can also be sent an OTA link but this will only work for the Data, and not for the MMS

2) After the phone is jailbroken and cydia is installed you can you can follow the instrucations below.

1. Open Cydia Application (for Cydia to work, Iphone has to be connected to Wi-Fi only).

2. Click on - Manage (located on the black toolbar) & then click on - Sources.

3. Click on - Edit (located on the upper right-hand side)

4. Click on - Add (located on the upper left-hand side)

5. Enter the following: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] & then click on Add Source (add anyway).

6. Sinfuliphone should now be installed in Cydia under Sources. Open Sinfuliphone.

7. Scroll down to TetherMeCrack & Install it (restart springboard). Iphone will restart.

8. Once your phone has restarted go to - Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network.

9. Edit & change the following:

Cellular Data
    -APN - att.mvno
    -Username - Leave Blank
    -Password - Leave Blank

Visual Voicemail
    -APN - acds.voicemail
    -Username - Leave Blank
    -Password - Leave Blank

MMS
    -APN - att.mvno
    -Username - Leave Blank
    -Password - Leave Blank
    -MMSC - [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    -MMS Proxy - 66.209.11.33:80
    -MMS Max Message Size - 1048576
    -MMS UA Prof URL - LEAVE AS IS (DO NOT CHANGE)

* only change the fields with bold letters

10. Close the screen (DO NOT PRESS RESET SETTINGS).

ANDROID SMARTPHONES

1) Android smartphones can be configured two different ways. The second method requires no specific version and can be used on any gsm android device.

First Method, Wifi is needed,

If the customer has android version is 1.5 ask the customer to connect via wifi to:

If the customer has and android version higher then 1.5 for example, 2.0 or 2.2 provide the following link

Send the link by text to the customer using the Send SMS option in the Distributor Site.

This link will also demo how to do it with wifi- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Second Method Wifi is not needed. The customer can follow the step by step tutorial by visiting these links,

English Video Guide- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spanish Video Guide- [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

These video tutorials will guide customers on how to manually configure the data and mms without needing

wifi.

BLACKBERRY PHONES

To configure blackberry smartphones wifi is not needed. Customers must have a computer available

to install the blackberry service books. Most if not all blackberrys can be configured with our video

tutorial please give the following link to the customers,

English Video Guide- Part 1 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

English Video Guide- Part 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spanish Video Guide- Part 1 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Spanish Video Guide- Part 2 [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

to correct the above post,4.3.5 and 5.0 are already jailbroken,and actually ip4s is jailbroken(tethered) as well just the 4s is not released yet. but i am running 5.0 jb untethered right now on one of my test lines for iphone 4 for cricket.

i havnt tried h20 on it but i do have an active h20 card at the store and will pop it in there later and report back,but i am sure it will be the same(work out of the box but need help for mms)

also just fyi if some dont want to install tethereme we can add the tag AllowEDGEEditing to the your carriers .plist or make it a boolean and set to true or add the string tag true underneath it.
    this will install the data network tab as well.

but u still must be jb'n to gain access to the filesys.
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 11-08-2011 at 10:51 AM. Reason: typo
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Well...that's responses from 2 I trust. So the answer is...any Iphone, any iOS, any baseband will have talk, text, data by using a H20 sim and activating on H20s $60 Unlimited Plan. If MMS is wanted, a jailbreak is required in order to access the cellular data network tab so you can change the APNs.

Thanks guys and happy selling.

BABY NEWB

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    to correct the above post,4.3.5 and 5.0 are already jailbroken,and actually ip4s is jailbroken(tethered) as well just the 4s is not released yet.
    What are you using for untethered jailbreak for 4.3.5 and 5.0?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast