Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Newb

Default Re: Flashing Droid X2 to Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    we(as dealers) used to be told that custy's in tri band markets would be terminated for using flashed phones and partner coverage,i will tell you now that this not completly true. cricket has a small team that does nothing but search and research acct's looking for abusers of partner coverage.having said that were talking about a team of 2 peeps,but they work full time on it and have guidelines to follow with regard to terminating acct's. they are as follows, using t-t will not get you terminated,no not even if you use it full time(that means your phone roams all the time)that they dont care to much about,they got bigger fish to fry,but data......now thats a different story,that they mind if you use more than 50 percent data on partner coverage then there looking for you,but the brightside is,they may never find you.its like a needle in a haystack so to speak,i mean 2 peeps looking thru millions of accts and abusers,cricket wants to keep there custy's but data on partner coverage has gotta be expensive.they dont want you to cost them money,they wanna make money off of you.

ok now scur. for your prob,sound to me like you have your phone number in the field for imsi which is wrong,like whitey said your min goes there.also you might make sure your using the nam your writing to and not the other one. but i would recomend you change your plan to the other 55 dollar plan try the ota (prolly still wont work cuz triband area)so go outside that triband market if you can and then the ota will work use *228 or *22804 if you cant get outside your market,send it/take it to someone who can flash it for you.thats an expensive phone and easily messed up.
    Yeah, I've been trying to tread softly with this thing. I'm used to my Ascend, which is basically unbrickable. I've actually tried to brick it. I'm already on the $55 plan from my Ascend, so no issue there. But as of now, I've stopped doing anything to it. I'm considering just using Verizon. The thing is, I'm not sure if I've messed it up to the point where Verizon won't work on it. I'm guessing I'd have to change some stuff to get it to work, but I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go yet. I didn't know the whole triband thing was an issue when I got this phone. I thought everything would be on the up and up, that I could flash it over, pay my Cricket bill, and just go about my business. But I don't think I really want to 'sneak' around the air waves. Since it's a clean ESN, and it's still new, undamaged, unscratched, with a nice new Defender Otterbox, wall charger, and car charger, I'm thinking about getting everything straight on it and selling it, and grabbing the Bionic with a contract, although I COULD keep this X2 and go through Verizon monthly with no contract. That sounds good too. But like I said, I haven't made up my mind yet. Thanks for the info, though.
    Last edited by Scur.; 09-11-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Apprentice

@captain kirk. i have easyflasher but i cant use it to flash the droid x2. When will this phone be added to list.

Quote Originally Posted by mannyhector View Post
    @captain kirk. i have easyflasher but i cant use it to flash the droid x2. When will this phone be added to list.
    That question needs to be asked in the correct forum. Possibly the easyflasher/mf suite support forum....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234