Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Flashing Droid X2 to Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    Yup, you will want to put that for the MIN (IMSI), but keep in mind that you are in a triband area.
    How will being in a triband area affect things?

Newb

BTW, you guys are freaking geniuses, this is VERY much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scur. View Post
    So I might be using a wrong PRL?
    It goes deeper than that. The triband area works on AWS bands, the Droid X2 is not a triband AWS device. While you are getting 3g data, a different PRL could get t&t but there is no guaranties. There are also no guaranties that cricket will not enforce the TOS about partner coverage usage.

Newb

Uh oh. Time for some deeper research.

Quote Originally Posted by Scur. View Post
    Uh oh. Time for some deeper research.
    There's many discussions on the use of a dualband phone in the AWS triband markets. Most are great success stories of months and there's a guy in Chicago that's been using his in Chicago for about a yr or so. But I know in Las Vegas they kill the account after two months.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

we(as dealers) used to be told that custy's in tri band markets would be terminated for using flashed phones and partner coverage,i will tell you now that this not completly true. cricket has a small team that does nothing but search and research acct's looking for abusers of partner coverage.having said that were talking about a team of 2 peeps,but they work full time on it and have guidelines to follow with regard to terminating acct's. they are as follows, using t-t will not get you terminated,no not even if you use it full time(that means your phone roams all the time)that they dont care to much about,they got bigger fish to fry,but data......now thats a different story,that they mind if you use more than 50 percent data on partner coverage then there looking for you,but the brightside is,they may never find you.its like a needle in a haystack so to speak,i mean 2 peeps looking thru millions of accts and abusers,cricket wants to keep there custy's but data on partner coverage has gotta be expensive.they dont want you to cost them money,they wanna make money off of you.

ok now scur. for your prob,sound to me like you have your phone number in the field for imsi which is wrong,like whitey said your min goes there.also you might make sure your using the nam your writing to and not the other one. but i would recomend you change your plan to the other 55 dollar plan try the ota (prolly still wont work cuz triband area)so go outside that triband market if you can and then the ota will work use *228 or *22804 if you cant get outside your market,send it/take it to someone who can flash it for you.thats an expensive phone and easily messed up.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast