Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Donator

Default iOS 5 beta 7 Jailbreak

I used the current release of Redsn0w found here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Its a tethered jailbreak and will remain that way until the release of public 5 so love it or leave it alone. I had some issues with Cydia application compatibility so I restored to official 5 beta 7. The jailbreak process using Redsn0w went perfect but apps in Cydia are only partially compatible with iOS 5 because it is still in the development phase. Tweaks did not work at all for me. My retina theme only supported some icons. When I tried accessing the new drop down notifications menu springboard would crash and restart. Also, Winterboard caused the phone to stay in Safe Mode and when I uninstalled the app I was unable to make a selection under the settings menu. I could scroll up and down but if I touched the screen it would go back to home screen. I tried restarting 3 times without any change. iFile worked just fine. biteSMS would not open. PKGBackup did not find my backups on dropbox.

Hope that helps.
    iPhone 4 CDMA Cricket

Apprentice

Default IOS 5 beta 7

im just getting ready to put my Verizon I4 (cricket service) on 5 beta 7. I will be using Snowbreeze 2.8b7 and iTunes 10.5 beta 7. I will post results here in a bit. Don't know why I cant just wait for official release? Guess p0sixninja found 5 bootrom exploits on A5 chip that is believed to ne used on iPhone 5. I could care less I want to figure out data fix for cricket carrier.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: iOS 5 beta 7 Jailbreak

os's generally get harder to crack as the numbers go up and updates are released. so doesnt it make more sence to work on 4.2.6 or 4.2.8 especially when you know the dev team is working the jb's and the untethers for the latest os's. im not discuraging brother, im just sayin.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

Default 5 beta 7

I must be bored. I loaded 5 beta 7 and then I remembered how much Ihate tethered JB's. Thank god for tiny umbrella. Now I'm back on 4.2.8. I'll wait for 5 now