Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default iOS 5 Beta 6 Hits Apple Dev Channel

Apple has made a sixth beta version of iOS 5 available via its developer portal. The newest beta fixes a number of bugs, adds a few new features, and includes updated developer tools. A final version of iOS 5 will be made available to iOS devices later this year.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Donator

Default Re: iOS 5 Beta 6 Hits Apple Dev Channel

installed 5 beta 6 yesterday after reading it is possible to jailbreak with Redsn0w (mac). Only problem is I cannot get Redsn0w to recognize the iOS 5 beta 6 IPSW. I have both the Redsn0w app and the IPSW on my desktop.... Any suggestions?

Also, I've got extra UDID registrations so if someone wants to enjoy the journey let me know...

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

what version of redsnow you using? should be 0.9.8b5 and the ipsw iOS5 beta5 (point it directly at the stock beta5 IPSW),activate using yer udid,(there is a bunch of new activation stuff this will bypass for you,then boot tetherd and it should work for you.
    also did you hear about the new ota updates there gonna start pushing to the phones to make everyone loose there jb and there unlocks.....man wtf apple???
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Donator

just got the new redsn0w, got it jailbroken on mac. Things were going good until I installed an app from Cydia that required a reboot.... and of course reboot without redsn0w tether... now I'm stuck on apple logo and a force restart (holding down power button and home button) only gets the same thing. Also I tried the reboot with itunes open and itunes did not register the phone.... One of these days I'll stop playing with my business phone So, yeah, any ideas?
    Last edited by Bjornsitte; 08-23-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Donator

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    ..........also did you hear about the new ota updates there gonna start pushing to the phones to make everyone loose there jb and there unlocks.....man wtf apple???
    I was under the impression that jailbreaking stopped the ota completely.... there should be a way to stop the push.

Donator

Quote Originally Posted by Bjornsitte View Post
    just got the new redsn0w, got it jailbroken on mac. Things were going good until I installed an app from Cydia that required a reboot.... and of course reboot without redsn0w tether... now I'm stuck on apple logo and a force restart (holding down power button and home button) only gets the same thing. Also I tried the reboot with itunes open and itunes did not register the phone.... One of these days I'll stop playing with my business phone So, yeah, any ideas?
    So I did the hard restore (power and home held down until the apple logo flashes back on then release power and hold home) now I'm reinstalling 5 b 6 with iTunes. I need to be more careful about which apps I reinstall. Also my Cydia backups with PKGBackup were not found when I reinstalled the app..... Is the BS worth the jailbreak... Hind sight, "NO" Stay with iOS 4 for now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast