Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: iOS 5 Beta 6 Hits Apple Dev Channel

tethered means you have reboot the phone with redsnow every time it looses pwr or is shut off,just select the option "just boot tethered"in redsnow and the phone will boot back up to a usable state.no need to reload it and loose all your stuff.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Donator

Problem is when you reinstall cydia apps some may require a reboot after reinstall without the option to choose redsn0w for tether. Then after the app reboots the phone it's stuck on apple logo and redsn0w does not read the phone. I tried unplugging the usb cable, soft restarting the iPhone and replugging it, restarting iTunes, restarting the computer. Nothing. I even tried using Xcode from my Developer account and it couldn't find the phone via usb either. I left the phone unplugged for 1 hr and still just the apple logo. I was trying to get the phone into DFU mode manually and time it with Redsn0w but only the Restore mode came up where it shows the iTunes logo and the usb. I used the iOS 5 beta 6 IPSW I downloaded from the apple dev area and "Option-Restored in iTunes (version 10.5b90). After the install finished and I went through the new iphone introduction options the, "New Software Update" window popped up, I chose "update to 5 beta 6" (again). The ota download kicked in, ejected the iphone from itunes and 5 b 6 was reinstalled ota this time.

iPhone 4 CDMA on Cricket
    I'm using the new version of redsnow for iOS 5 beta 6 found here:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by Bjornsitte; 08-24-2011 at 09:04 AM. Reason: update on information

CDMA GURUS Booster

you gotta put the phone into dfu after each reboot while plugged in to pc,it works.but really is a pain in the *ss cuz its gonna need to reboot after every install from most every app,so if yer needin to stay jailbroken and you wanna install apps,it is always better to stay on a platform that is untetherd.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Donator

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    you gotta put the phone into dfu after each reboot while plugged in to pc..........
    How do I get DFU without being able to turn the phone off?

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    ....it works.but really is a pain in the *ss cuz its gonna need to reboot after every install from most every app

OMG! I've got 79 apps/tweaks from Cydia and since my backup/restore app wont retrieve my Cydia backups off dropbox that would take me until the public release of iOS 5 to load my jailbroken phone with all my Cydia stuff.

CDMA GURUS Booster

hold down pwr and home buttons for about 10 together and this will force your phone to shut down,right after it shuts down start the sequence for dfu because it will likely pwr right back up if its been having probs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12