Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Flash EVO back to Sprint from Boost

I recently purchased an EVO on Craigslist and after a lot of headaches trying to get it activated on Sprint I realized that someone had flashed the phone to Boost Mobile. Thanks to the help on this forum I was able to repair the MEID back to the original one on the phone. The phone activates and I have voice and text but no 3G. I get error 67 and I can't update the profile or PRL.

I read on another thread here that if you are switching from Sprint to Boost and you rewrite the AAA Shared Key that it will allow you to provision 3G data. I believe this was done to my EVO.

My question is do I need to have the original AAA Shared Key written to the EVO in order to get 3G data? I suspect I do. If so is there any way to get it? If not, is it possible to get one from another phone (maybe another EVO) and write it to mine or are they unique to each handset and I'm just screwed?

Any help anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Newb

Default Re: Flash EVO back to Sprint from Boost

Bump. Can anyone help me out?

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

error 67 (when flashing to cricket) is an error in flashing and fixed by switching from sim/mob ip to simple only.so i would think if yer still on simple only switch back to mobile,(like it was). as for the pass's have you tried the hard reset? i am not sure if it will help,but i know on alot of handsets it re-writes the user's and pass's back to default.might be worth a try.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

TmoGuy IF it was on Boost before then you should check profile 1 in QPST The NAI will be set to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] you need to change it to [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    After you have done that write it to the phone then reboot and see if you get 3g or if you can update your profile OTA.
    or
    you can do a ##data# on the phone and click on edit then enter your SPC goto Data Profile and Change your username like I said above then hit menu and commit.

Apprentice

call sprint tech support.

they will give you the manual values for ##data# programming

Newb

Ok guys, thanks for the advice. Calling Sprint tech support was the last thing I did and after an hour on the phone with them they just ordered me a replacement device. Of course I didn't tell them what the phone had been through up until that point but it solved my problem anyways.

I was really hoping to get it fixed so I could learn a bit more about this stuff but oh well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast