Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default dug around the forums but still need some help

so i have the verizon iphone 4 on 4.2.6. havent jailbroke it yet. ive been browsing this forum for almost a week now. and from what i understand it is extremely simple to flash this iphone to cricket. From what i read all that is needed is to put the MEID number on my cricket account and then dial *22804 and it flashes it over the air for talk and text. Except when i dial *22804 it says it can not program this phone. Am i missing some steps? do i have to jailbreak the phone first and do some kind of editing? i also read here about editing PRLs? I know im very close but i just need someone to give me the missing key to what im doing wrong.

If there is already a thread here that explains how to do this step by step and somehow i missed it, please guide me in the right direction to it.

My location is pasadena texas if that makes any difference.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: dug around the forums but still need some help

do you get the welcome to cricket message when you try to ota?
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Yes, i get the welcome to cricket message then the spanish lady and then the man says stay on the line to program your phone and then after 2 or 3 seconds of the music comes on and after that the man says we are sorry we are unable to program your phone... Should i try this method: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

thanks a lot for the help!

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

try this one its faster and not so complicated.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

also make sure the conversion you did for the meid is correct and the correct meid is listed on yer acct.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

i have probably read that thread about 10 times lol. you mean this thread?: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

i have done that step by step exactly and now when i do the *#5005*4357# then call i do get crickets PRL, 38515 and ERI, 5 instead of the original verizon PRL. I then tried the *22804 again and same thing "we are unable to program your phone"

i then thought to change the SID to my location, houston so i changed the PRI to 4261 which is houston home SID. then tried *22804 again and no luck.

One thing that i find interesting is that when the MEID is switched over to the cricket account and if i press *228, it connects to cricket
    BUT when the MEID is NOT on my cricket account and if i press *228 it connects to Verizon. i have to press *22804 to make it connect to cricket. but when the MEID is on cricket both the *228 AND *22804 connect to cricket. I guess that means that the iPhone 4's MEID is successfully added to the cricket account but OTA is not working for some reason. my exact location is Friendswood tx 77546 if you can give me some insight maybe the location is the problem. i know there is cricket store about 5 mins away from me though.

My friend said if i can manually program the phone to change the MDN and MIN then it will work. but i have no clue how to do that, lol.

Thanks again for all the help

Newb

I am currently jailbroken on 4.2.6 using greenp0ison. i have the ifile cracked installed also and thru that i changed the booleon on and then off for the prlpush. Should i try restoring to the sn0wbreeze 4.2.8?

i figured it was better to stay on 4.2.6 instead of 4.2.8 that is why i ask if i should update or not. If it will make it work then i will gladly update.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast