Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596)

Has anyone updated their Droid X to this update? does it still hold Full Flash? Also can we fully flash this update?

Newb

Default Re: Gingerbread 2.3.3 (4.5.596)

OK I just did a flash on this phone... if you do the OTA flash update on the phone you cannot root your phone so you cannot do the rooted full flashes i have seen on different forums but you can use CDMA Workshop and QPST to fully flash the phone to Cricket. just in case any one wanted to know. Phone shows 2.3.3 android and gets full access to android market ... any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by madmac View Post
    OK I just did a flash on this phone... if you do the OTA flash update on the phone you cannot root your phone so you cannot do the rooted full flashes i have seen on different forums but you can use CDMA Workshop and QPST to fully flash the phone to Cricket. just in case any one wanted to know. Phone shows 2.3.3 android and gets full access to android market ... any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    When you say FULLY FLASH.. does that include MMS as well??? Thanks

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

just to clarify,yes 2.3.3 is fully flashed to cricket,and no there is no root for it at this time,but yes there will soon be a root for this os.but t-t-mms-web-full market works and only takes about 5 min to do on this one.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by kre8ve View Post
    When you say FULLY FLASH.. does that include MMS as well??? Thanks
    yes MMS and Market and GPS

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by ------------ View Post
    Full flash IE: mms has nothing to do with flashing its all in the APN and installing the mms client if needed. androids are not programmed that way dumb phones are. If you are wanting to learn androids think smart not dumb and read the applicable threads there are tons of amazing educational posts, the point of a forum is to read and learn, otherwise bust open that wallet because I do not work for free and other techs in this forum wont as well.
    LOL dang so harsh to the noob LOL ^^^^ is right BTW if you have no clue as to what you are doing you really have no business being here in the first place ... you will more then likely brick your phones ... just better to have a PRO do it for you and it will be guaranteed