Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Cant create Phonesettings.OCX error..... Im Stumped

Im a returning member from Mobile-files .. This isnt my first rodeo in flashing phones nor troubleshooting errrors and the hoops you have to jump through to solve , usually very simple overlooks .. settings or missing dlls.. Well Ive searched and searched ive downloaded and reinstalled the dlls .. and even found the phonesettings.OCX and phonesettings2.OCX .. again thank you for that post .. I needed the 2.OCX file .. And ive restarted my computer as well as unplugged and changed com ports on my phone..O and ive searched up and down this site as well as googled and ooogled many different sites to try and solve my issue.. NOw the Issue .. I have the LG vx8575.. and it has the VX857v03 firmware .. and im using LGNPST lab ver 1.1 .. Im trying to full flash this puppy to Cricket .. IVe successfully lite flashed it ,,. and all I need to do is NV edit the settings for mms and wap... Seems easy enough but .. im not surprised but when I click the Phone settings button im getting cant create Phonesettings.OCX ... SO as ive said in the beginning and thanks for hanging in with me this far .., Ive done pretty much all I can think of.. I tried messing with the fileDB and the nv file and I started getting very scary results and my phone was like doing the boot loop and I really felt I was about to brick this baby .. so Ive reloaded the Script file and im starting over .. Back to the downloading of the phonesettings.ocx files .. I read that you have to register the files as well .. well .. I found a couple post that say they need to be in the model/vx8575 folder and i read that they need to be in the LGNPST folder ..so whats the correct one . ive installed a right click software to do the registering of the dll files for me .. if I have to register the OCX files whats the dos code that i would need to enter to register the OCX files.. Im hoping thats the answer cause other then that ive tried everything i can think of .. I dont have another VX8575 to try out or borrow files of off .. I mean could it be as simple as requesting the modified fileDB and .nv from another VX8575 and using bitpim to copy them over .. I tried using the files posted from the VX11000 and copied them but they didnt work.. I did use a hex editor to modify the username .. i started experiencing the bootloop.. luckly I saved the original files .. so i could revert back... any ideas .. I apologise for the long intro .. I just wanted to post what ive tried so far .. Im not here to prove what level of expertese im at with flashing phones im just here to ask for help.. Anyone

Newb

Default Re: Cant create Phonesettings.OCX error..... Im Stumped

OK I searched somemore on how to register .ocx files manually and was able to successfully register the phonesetting.ocx files and can now use nv edit.. so i appologise for the premature post .. and I wanted to give a general thanks to all for helping out on this site ,, it would explain for my little post count ...cus I can always find my answers using the search and dont really have much to ask ...

Default Re: Cant create Phonesettings.OCX error..... Im Stumped

that error means you need to install the VX9200 from MSI or u will keep getting that error
    I am Dex's Lab of the Ohio Cricket Mafia
    Latest Exploit:
    Official Cricket TP2 and TP Rom from the Mafia
    Next Exploit:
    Palm Pixi Rom
    Quote:Pwnage is best served VIA USB Cable!!!!!!!!!