Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Flash iPhone to Cricket before adding ESN/MEID - Help

you can still downgrade.use snowbreeze to make a custom ipsw and then ireb to prepare the phone,then use tinyumbrellas server and shift click restore in itunes.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

I tried both a restore to IPSW 4.2.6 and 4.2.7 and both failed. I ran iReb and used TinyUmbrella and it failed after verifying with Apples Server (TinyUmbrellas server) on both accounts.

After apple stops authorizing an older IPSW the only way to restore is the have the SHSH blobs backed up to either Sauriks Server from Cydia or through Tiny Umbrella on your PC. My prev phone had the SHSH Blobs going all the way back to ios 4.0, If you ever restore a phone to an earlier ios check in cydia first or with Tiny umbrella and see if it shows the earlier SHSH info and that would be why it restores.

iReb allows bypassing of the iPhone checking the signatures of the firmware you are loading.

BTW: I wanted to thank you for continuing to help me on this. I am really stuck.
    Last edited by antman1; 06-29-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Apprentice

Well I have officially tried all I can think of. I restored the iPhone and used the Verizon PRL and tried the 32000 PRL and neither would work. I brought my Laptop and traveled down close to Birmingham, AL and continued to try *22804 with no luck. If you need beta testers for your method please let me know.

I am afraid to pay and have someone else flash my stuff because I dont know about others but when new IOS revisions like the new IOS5 come out I dont want to be dependent on someone else to reflash my phone for it to work.

CDMA GURUS Booster

you can still always send it to us if you need it working. there will be a charge,but it wont be to bad. and when the updates come out...well... just for get about them.i have always said what we generally do after an update is start searching for the fix's that will undo what we just did.every update has bugs.and if your phone is working good now....well.....dont f it up.

isnt what your doing now because of you updated? people listen updates are bad. dont do them,very rarely do updates give you anything but headaches.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Apprentice

How much is the charge? Were do I send it? Also when iOS5 comes out and it gives you the features of a legit native flash player and wireless syncing with iTunes is everyone out of luck that got it flashed manually? My situation is that I manually edited a files and my phone got stuck in recovery mode boot loop so I had to restore the same version of my IPSW. Sometimes you can install an app from cydia and this can happen. those are situations that make me nervous about not being able to do the flash my self. The guys at China Telecom I noticed are able to cook IPSW files that dont write the BB. maybe that is the answer to not lose the flash. I havent been able to use this cricket service in over 11 days now. no one has any clue as to what is going on. It is strange that the *22804 tells me "call cannot be completed as dialed Message 32 BNA" and the *228 says "my account has been suspended. I have been trying everyday, literally.

I do see were you are coming from Rich, you figured it out and you want to at least get paid for your time you spent on it. but the iPhone will always have an update at some point that will need to get flashed to the phone or will need the iOS reloaded. It is like a small pc and sometimes corruption can happen. I used to jailbreak iPhones for people and would run into things like this all the time. if it was a simple unlock of BB then that would be one thing. but so far this is different. I used to give my clients the options of doing it them selves and if they fail and cant do it then I would do the same guide I gave them to do it.
    Last edited by antman1; 07-02-2011 at 11:11 AM.

CDMA GURUS Booster

your mistake was you should have use tinyumbrella to "kick"the phone out of recovery instead of restoring.and snowbreeze does not nor will it ever increase your bb.the ipsw ct use from dan han is the same thing,they say it does not have bb,meaning your bb stays where it is,like snowbreeze.as far as a charge you need to call me as this is not my personal sales thread and against forum rules to sell out of here. my number is at the top of every page (kc phone and flash).it sucks you got a stubborn phone.we will be happy to help you if you need.just give us a call

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast