Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Flash iPhone to Cricket before adding ESN/MEID - Help

bro i did one today,i wish i would have taken a vid of.same situation as yours,been on cricket before,got messed up and then restored and the ota wouldnt work,or at least without a little work. i worked with the ota for around 5 min before it worked.and i mean it dialed about 30 times.mine had a verizon prl,and would keep connecting to either sprint or verizon.it will work if you are persistant with the ota and you are in a good signal area for cricket.when done it wrote the new 41016.prl but i thought about you when i did that one.you need to do the same as i did,and for what its worth leave the speaker off,i have noticed that ota fails much more often at the beginning of the call if you tap speaker before it connects.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Apprentice

with the verizon prl did you dial *228 or *22804? I have been trying and trying. Also I was unaware it is possible to manually write the MIN and MDN in the iphone, Is that some new software not out yet?

Last edited by antman1; 06-28-2011 at 12:11 AM.

CDMA GURUS Booster

lol,love the kirk photo. i did both,but i think it was 04 that finally worked,i kept pushing when it wouldnt dial or it was "bizzy" (i mean the phones proccessor not the ota). and no its not some new software,just is not public yet because the full flash solution will use this and will be a paid solution.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Apprentice

Did you get the message that the number could not be dialed when you dialed *22804 or something else? With the Verizon PRL if I dial *228 all I get is the "Welcome to Verizon" and it wants to program the phone. Mine is like my video. It really seems like an issue here in Nashville with the Signal for Cricket. Strange that I would keep getting that Welcome to Cricket, If you are hearing this message when attempting to make a call it is because your account is suspended" message when dialing *228 with Cricket PRL and not the OTA. Also strange that no matter what PRL I use Verizon or Cricket or whatever if I dial *22804 here it tells me the "call cannot be completed as dialed Message 32 BNA" and doesn't work at all.

I've been messing with GSM phones and unlocking for a long time now and CDMA is new to me but so far this thing at first seemed easy but now it is crazy.

CDMA GURUS Booster

got another cricket phone? if you do try the 22804 with it,just to see where it takes you.most the iphones i have worked with ota without issue,but there have been a few that some coaxing and a little extra effort were needed to get them working.ya know if you are at 4.2.8 and having all this trouble,there are 2 downgrades you could try that may get you where you want to be.but to downgrade you will need to use ireb first and then use tinyumbrellas server thru itunes to be successfull.

Apprentice

I had my friend try *228 and *22804 using her Asend Android and both got the provisioning prompt to program the phone. I have tried all day using the original Verizon PRL file with *22804 and no change. *22804 tells me "Were sorry, the call cannot be completed as dialed Message 32 BNA" and *228 gets me the Verizon programming every time.

I would try downgrading but unfortunately I got the phone from a person that had 4.2.6 on it and did not backup the SHSH info. I only have the SHSH info for 4.2.8.

All I can say is "Facepalm"!