Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newb

Default HTc evo/Error on When Reading Memory

Working via this tutorial I found these are the steps I have done :

Preparing the device and Connections to the PC 1. Install latest official rom from **** 2. Connect the phone via USB 3. On the phone dial ##3424# to enter DIAG mode 4. Install drivers if needed (on some systems it will find all the right drivers BUT the HTC Diag driver. For me I had to manually force it to take the x64 driver in Windows 7. Once you add the driver it functions perfectly.) 5. Open device manager and look for the device under "Modems" -> HTC USB Modem 6. Double click on HTC USB modem and go to the "modem" tab and note the COM port. 7. Open QPST Configuration 8. Click on "Ports" tab 9. If the port you wrote down is not here click "Add New Port" 10. Uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only" and your port should appear on the list. 11. Highlight it and click "ok" to add. 12. Close QPST **** You have now established a connection with your device **** Establishing a connection with CDMA WS 2.7 (preparing for memory scan and dump) 1. Open CDMA WS 2.7 2. Under COM Settings (AT Mode) select your COM port for your device, leave baud rate at 115200 3. Click "Connect" 4. Click "Read" (This is not necessary but I do it to ensure I have a good connection to the device. The "read" output will display the phone information in the fields on the left. If you don’t see this information populate you have not established a connection with the device and need to verify your COM port settings and try again.) 5. Click the "Security" Tab 6. Under SPC make sure it is set to "Default (nv_read)" and click "Read" 7. It will display your SPC in the empty box. WRITE THIS DOWN for later! 8. Click on "SPC" button and click on "Send" 9. If you have done everything correctly you will get a popup that says "SPC is correct. Phone Unlocked." 10. Click "ok" * Leave CDMA WS 2.7 open and move to the next section. Scanning for readable memory locations with CDMA WS 2.7 1. Click the "Memory" Tab 2. Under "Scan Memory" leave the start address as 0000:0000 and set the "End Address" to 2000:0000 *Very important, do not let the phone reboot this is why I set the address range to C000:0000 if you go over this value the scan will go out of range and reboot the device automatically. If the phone reboots start the scans over again, the memory locations will change after any reboots. 3. Set the step byte to 16384 4. Click "Start” and you will get spew in the output window similar to this: (these are my exact scans Scanning memory for readable areas: Unreadable area from: 0000:0000 Readable area from: 00F9:C000 Unreadable area from: 00FF:0000 Readable area from: 0108:4000 Unreadable area from: 01DA:0000

I think im supposed to get more readables not sure? so I continued with this I only have 2 readable

So I continue with the tutorial
    1. While still on the "Memory" Tab move your attention to Memory / Eeprom 2. Take the first readable area from the scan you have done and enter it into the "Start Addr.:" field. Example 0103:C000 3. for Size (bytes) make the value 99999999 4. Click "Read" and you will get a popup window to "save" a .bin file. I name mine the address range I'm scanning. Example 0103C000.bin 5. The Scan will complete and you will get a dialog box saying the file name and how many bytes were written, click "ok" 6. Do the same for the next two "Readable Area" ( except i only had 2 to begin with )address ranges. The last one may take a while (20-30 minutes) * Do Not Scan on the C000:0000 address range, there are NO MEID or ESN values in this range and if you scan this range you will get the "out of range" error and your phone WILL reboot and you WILL have to start the scanning process over again. 7. Once you have scanned all three address ranges move on to the next section. Do not close CDMA WS 2.7 yet. so I get this error
    see link below

Btw rooted and unrooted still the same, help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks in advance!
    Willing to buy whoever helps me some beer or lunch whatever does it for you !

Default Re: HTc evo to boost /Error on When Reading Memory

THe reason you get that error is because cdma ws reads until you hit an unreadable area..thats what the 99999999 is for...It should still let you save the file after the error.. so your scans should be 00f9 at 99999999 and 0108 99999999 and save both those files and seatch for the meid and pesn in reverse using a hex editor.the second scan will take way longer btw because it is a much bigger range...good luck

Newb

Okay thanks
    So even though there is an error its alright?

Newb

hey whats up . i updated to ginger bread 2.3.3 ..and im using cdma ws2.7..i can only find 3 and 6 meid locations i can zero out and qxdm tells me that they are zeroed out,but after reboot it comes right back
    Scanning memory for readable areas:
    Unreadable area from: 0000:0000
    Readable area from: 00FA:0000
    Unreadable area from: 0100:0000
    Readable area from: 0109:0000
    Unreadable area from: 01DC:0000
    Process is stopped at: C000:0000

when you read back the meid and esn in qxdm the RX shows all 00's? if so then try one more thing...use qpst and go look in the MIP profile 0 and 1 also the PPP ...look inside there for MEID and zero that out also...you should find like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ...when the phone still sees that it will revert on reboot....good luck

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba View Post
    when you read back the meid and esn in qxdm the RX shows all 00's? if so then try one more thing...use qpst and go look in the MIP profile 0 and 1 also the PPP ...look inside there for MEID and zero that out also...you should find like [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] ...when the phone still sees that it will revert on reboot....good luck
    I type in command :

RequestNVItemRead
    No zeros
    and I get
    18:56:15.357RequestNVItemRead meid
    18:56:15.457DIAG TX item:
    18:56:15.457meid = 0x0000000000000000
    18:56:15.457DIAG RX item:
    18:56:15.457meid = 0x00A10000XXXXXXXXX (Dont post your real meid)
    Last edited by Scuba; 09-09-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast