Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Evo QXDM problems need help

The problem I'm having is in QXDM memory locations in the memory viewer are greyed out. I've tried updating qxdm, running it on several different OS, several different USB cables and usb ports, flashing several different roms, factory resetting the phone, etc, and I'm still having the same problem.

I am able to see the phone in qpst, connect to it in qxdm, and communicate with it, however it seems the nv items have been set as read only and need help to revert this.

If this is already addressed I apologize, I searched and didn't find any relevant threads so if there is a known solution I'd appreciate being directed to it.

I'm moderated because I didn't verify my email

Default Re: Evo QXDM problems need help

i am having the same problem someone plz help

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Cowboy View Post
    The problem I'm having is in QXDM memory locations in the memory viewer are greyed out. I've tried updating qxdm, running it on several different OS, several different USB cables and usb ports, flashing several different roms, factory resetting the phone, etc, and I'm still having the same problem.

I am able to see the phone in qpst, connect to it in qxdm, and communicate with it, however it seems the nv items have been set as read only and need help to revert this.

If this is already addressed I apologize, I searched and didn't find any relevant threads so if there is a known solution I'd appreciate being directed to it.
    send the spc first or maybe you are looking in the wrong locations which is why they are greyed out.

I'm moderated because I didn't verify my email

I am having the same problem but with Droid Incredible, and I already sent the SPC to the phone and put it in offline mode using the commands, but still the entire area is grayed out.... and where else can I look besides what it gives me

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by eljeanxp:26841
    I am having the same problem but with Droid Incredible, and I already sent the SPC to the phone and put it in offline mode using the commands, but still the entire area is grayed out.... and where else can I look besides what it gives me
    Try looking for the incredible easy repair by scuba

Newb

ok i had the same problem. the way i got around it was to send command password xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is your sixteen digit hex password.
    But like Toekneefoo said if you are looking at the wrong addresses it will show up greyed out. please bare in mind that tutorials generaly are geared torward a cetain
    baseband. and as the basebands are updated these addresses change and the old ones are greyed out so that they cant be edited.

what software version, baseband, hardware version is on your evo?