Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default Can i erase the flash on my Evo?

I went to the cricket store today to get the internet and mms flashed on my evo, and they knew i had a custom rom and all that. they said if i wipe my data again, that it would erase the flash they did and they would be notified on their computer. is this true, or some sort of scare?

Default Re: Can i erase the flash on my Evo?

Sounds like a scare. How would it notify their computer what you did with your phone?

Thats about the most ignorant scare tactic I have ever heard. And believe me I have heard quite a few from customers who visited metro PCS stores before they called me. Lol. No sweat my friend

Yes it will erase the flash, at least the data portion. Now this also depends on if they used a proxy solution or if your on the Android plan. As for them being notified of it. I'd say search your apps for anything that seems suspicious, use the manage apps in the setting menu. The only way they would be notified is if they're tracking it using some sort of spyware, <--- highly illegal.

My suggestion is of course always do a backup.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

why they say that or use scare tactics is simple,it happens to us almost daily,heres the senario. custy brings phone in and has it flashed,custy is warned to dont reset or update--custy comes back the next day saying the phone i had flashed yesterday doesnt work anymore--after looking at the phone its back to @vzw.co or sprintvision.co or whatever the default is/was---so when the told/shown that the phone was reset and is default again the cust becomes enraged saying the flash was bad and phone did this itself,they never did anything or reset,even though it was proven to them that it did,and everyone including themselves know they are lying and trying to get a reflash for free.

we have reflashed countless phones because of this,when we opened 5 years ago i would deny a free reflash and they would get pissed most everytime,but have learned that it is easier and actually less expensive to just reflash or split it with them,because they end up making such a fuss you gotta call the cops and then you lost a custy or they post on cl you are a scam because there cheap and stupid and dishonest.

so thats prolly why they lie and tell u that. its possible though kinda like that lockdown file that reports back when activated like when yer phone gets stolen you go to the websight and turn it on and it tells you where it is thru gps. so its prolly possible.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here