Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: easyflasher software - free setup for cdma gurus members thanks whitey10tc

Can't we all just get along...<tear>

Interersting how the thread on this site actually has some useful info on it while similar threads on other forums don't have much aside from advertising that the software is ready and "now available."

My two cents...I think it needs some more beta testing. I flash more Androids than anything and the fact that there is a glaring MMS bug will prevent me from using this on those phones. I didn't get a response about html/feature phones though. Are the Androids the only phones that have issues? What PRL is loaded on most phones or does that change from phone to phone?

BABY NEWB

Default Re: easyflasher software - free setup for cdma gurus members thanks whitey10tc

Quote Originally Posted by ArkieKDealer View Post

Interersting how the thread on this site actually has some useful info on it while similar threads on other forums don't have much aside from advertising that the software is ready and "now available."

My two cents...I think it needs some more beta testing. I flash more Androids than anything and the fact that there is a glaring MMS bug will prevent me from using this on those phones. I didn't get a response about html/feature phones though. Are the Androids the only phones that have issues? What PRL is loaded on most phones or does that change from phone to phone?
    Do you have one with the mms double I would like to try something to see if it fixes it. I going to pm you my cell

Your making it seem like there are huge problems with the software. This is false. There seems to be a couple of specific issues with your phones. There have been 1000's of phones flashed with this software in the last 6 months with 0 issues. Will some phones have issues?, of coarse, but 99% of the time its the phone/flasher and not the software. I guarantee that. Flashing process is the same every time, therefore the software doesn't make a mistake.

Now we know about a couple of mms bugs that pop-up occasinaly and we are working on a fix, but double notification (who cares anyway really...do people really send/recieve that many pics...no) is an easy fix, hell you can just remove the stock app if its that big of deal.

As far as having info on the software, i am not sure who you are referring to, but the info is meant to be private. We can't answer all questions up front, thats why we post in threads so we can have people discuss any possible issues.

Quote Originally Posted by r0mster View Post
    Your making it seem like there are huge problems with the software. This is false. There seems to be a couple of specific issues with your phones. There have been 1000's of phones flashed with this software in the last 6 months with 0 issues. Will some phones have issues?, of coarse, but 99% of the time its the phone/flasher and not the software. I guarantee that. Flashing process is the same every time, therefore the software doesn't make a mistake.

Now we know about a couple of mms bugs that pop-up occasinaly and we are working on a fix, but double notification (who cares anyway really...do people really send/recieve that many pics...no) is an easy fix, hell you can just remove the stock app if its that big of deal.

As far as having info on the software, i am not sure who you are referring to, but the info is meant to be private. We can't answer all questions up front, thats why we post in threads so we can have people discuss any possible issues.
    Don't ask for input then be condescending to people willing to give it. I've been a cricket dealer for 7+ years and started selling telephones when bag phones were a big deal. I admit I'm not a CDMA guru but I can hold my own, but I am a cell phone guru after 13+ years.

1) Loading PRL 12000 in a Droid and disabling the ability to OTA a phone is a serious flaw.
    2) Not changing ip settings to mob + simple on a Droid is a flaw.
    3) Not receiving messages from 2nd largest cell phone carrier (Verizon) is a serious flaw.
    4) Doubling MMS messages isn't serious, but it's still a flaw.

I got my copy from Kirk and my questions are directed at him as he's offered me support. He's been friendly and straightforward any time I've dealt with him. Frankly, you can ignore my posts.

And if I was the developer I'd question who I was letting represent me. Do you want helpful, friendly sales people who want to make your product better and give you a good reputation? Or do you want someone confrontational and condescending?

Don't ask for input then be condescending to people willing to give it. I've been a cricket dealer for 7+ years and started selling telephones when bag phones were a big deal. I admit I'm not a CDMA guru but I can hold my own, but I am a cell phone guru after 13+ years.

1) Loading PRL 12000 in a Droid and disabling the ability to OTA a phone is a serious flaw.
    2) Not changing ip settings to mob + simple on a Droid is a flaw.
    3) Not receiving messages from 2nd largest cell phone carrier (Verizon) is a serious flaw.
    4) Doubling MMS messages isn't serious, but it's still a flaw.

I got my copy from Kirk and my questions are directed at him as he's offered me support. He's been friendly and straightforward any time I've dealt with him. Frankly, you can ignore my posts.

And if I was the developer I'd question who I was letting represent me. Do you want helpful, friendly sales people who want to make your product better and give you a good reputation? Or do you want someone confrontational and condescending?
    I was neither. I clarified what what was a general statement. And showed a possible alternative to a minor issue. Having one phone not recieve mms is not an issue with the software, if 100's of flashes of that same phone were done with 100% success, its the phone.

Lol i had like no comments or nothing in my mf suite thread. This thread got like 2k views in 5 days lol. Grrr