Hi everyone,

I would like to say thank you to everyone who's contributed in a thread and made instructions available on how to successfully change your esn/meid on these CDMA phones. Instructions for this topic are far and few between, even here on the (English) Internet!

I have managed to swap ESNs for my wife's HTC Desire which she bought from Ebay last week. I have VZW service and we can make and receive calls with no problem. I switched the ESN from an old Moto KRZR K1m that we had.

Couple of problems: first, the KRZR has no MEID to speak of, that is, it's so old it only had an ESN, so I zeroed out the MEID. That worked fine until yesterday when I wrote a txt file which was [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], to NV_Items in CDMA Workshop. Now, the old MEID is back and we still don't have any data.

I also tried getting an xml file of the APN, making my changes and restoring it through an APN Backup & Restore, but that didn't work either.

So my questions are (if you can't be bothered to read anything else in my post) :
A) Now that the Alltel MEID is back, will that affect Verizon service on the phone?
B) How do I get Verizon data on this phone? Can anyone tell me what the settings are and what I need to do?

Thank you all so much for you help! I'd be willing to help anyone else out who's stuck on a particular part of an ESN swap if need be.

-Elo