Join Today

Site Sponsor

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Guide how to downgrade and unlock iphone 3gs 4.3.1 bb 5.16(but works with any bb)

i am going to show you how to downgrade your os and unlock iphone 3gs if you accidently upgraded it to 4.3.1 and lost your unlock. i havent tried but i think this will also work on 4.3.2.
    [hide-thanks]
    first off we need to concentrate on the os and not the baseband,so we are going to need a couple of softwares for this.

i am including the 3 softwares required to do this in the links below
    one is ireb,one is a stock 4.1_ipsw,the other is my custom ipsw that will get back down to 4.1

[url]http://www.4shared.com/file/zvSgR4vc/iREB-r3.html[/irl]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

download both files,one is large and will take a while.

(hint: use safari or firefox but not internet explorer to dl the ipsw) i.e. somehow manages to almost always screw it up.

plug the phone into pc-
    open ireb,click 3gs,follow directions and put your phone in dfu

ireb will exploit with limerain,leaving your phone in what is called pwnd dfu and will now be ready to accept the kc phone and flash custom ipsw,or your own if you have one.

after it is done cleaning up,open itunes,allow it to recognise your iphone.

hold down the shift key on your pc and click restore,a new window will pop up directing you to select the ipsw you just downloaded
    let itunes restore your phone.

when done open redsnow 0.9.6b6 put phone back into dfu click browse on redsnow,navagate to the stock 4.1 ipsw file and select it,then select yes to the pop up asking if it is a newer model,its ok even if it isnt.

click next,then check only cydia and install ipad baseband, then click next and follow directions in redsnow.

after redsnow fetches the ipad baseband it will load and reboot,
    now redsnow and your iphone will hang here,but give it about 10 minutes,some iphones will restart some will not if does not just wait 10 minutes then unplug,and power cycle

(hold both power and home buttons until it cycles off and then back on to the apple logo)

now you will have the baseband of 6.15 which is unlockable.

so just connect to wi-fi open cydia select manage,then sources,then the repo ultrasnow,then select ultrasnow again,then install,then confirm,now when done reboot iphone 2 times and boom-badda-bing you will be jail broken, unlocked,and downgraded. [/hide-thanks]

if anyone is having probs w/this let me know,as of today i have only downgraded a couple of handsets so there may be some variables. but i would like to what problems if any are encountered.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Default Re: Guide how to downgrade and unlock iphone 3gs 4.3.1 bb 5.16(but works with any bb)

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    i am going to show you how to downgrade your os and unlock iphone 3gs if you accidently upgraded it to 4.3.1 and lost your unlock. i havent tried but i think this will also work on 4.3.2.
    *** hidden content ***

if anyone is having probs w/this let me know,as of today i have only downgraded a couple of handsets so there may be some variables. but i would like to what problems if any are encountered.
    Is there any way for me to see the hidden content in your post? Thank you.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Guide how to downgrade and unlock iphone 3gs 4.3.1 bb 5.16(but works with any bb)

just click the thanks buttons on any post to reveal the hidden content,its kinda redundant to make peeps push the thanks buttons,but hey,most of them would never do it unless you make them.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

thank you for the related post