Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

rename it to .ipsw and make sure that winrar or whatever your using does not stick the .zip back on it. then use ireb first to enter pwnd dfu mode then shift click restore in itunes and select your file.might not work unless you use a custom ipsw file instead of a stock one. there is a custom 4.2.6 ipsw i made posted in the iphone forum if you need.

also use a different browser to dl ipsw other than ie like for instance use firefox or safari. ie does not handle the file correctly and will result in a unusable ipsw
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

I tried it but wouldn't allow me to downgrade goes all the way up to authenticating with itunes/ apple and then gives me an error message saying that I am not allowed to downgrade. I also tried jailbreaking it and caching apples signature server so that it would think that the phone would think it's communicating with apple but is really communicating with cydia the instructions I followed are as follows

a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.
    All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.
    So, open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com

I used this and had no such luck but the phone is jailbroken would the steps from before i.e. on the first page of this thread work for 4.2.8 to rewrite the prl to flash it?

CDMA GURUS Booster

yes it will work for 4.2.8 however one thing is missing from that guide on changing the host file,you need to remove all other appe addys from the bottom,anything that says .gs.apple so you only leave one also you need to use administer priv. to do it. when done go back and check to make sure it saved.

but having said that i may be wrong but i believe you wont be able to downgrade without using a custom ipsw,the stock one wont work. and are you using ireb first?
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 05-26-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: typo

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

Yea i used snowbreeze to jailbreak it cydia downloaded fine....and if I can flash it on 4.2.8 i'm not worried about downgrading the only purpose to downgrade was to duplicate the exact circumstances that I had before on the first iphone I flashed with out any problems.......if I follow the instructions on the first page will this work or do I need to change the signatures in the notpad like I was saying before and you referenced. I don't care about downgrading if I can use this post to flash.

CDMA GURUS Booster

you can write the prl to it regardless of firmware.use the same method you did before.

Newb

I did it it worked my only issue now is that ota doesn't work it just says the call can't be completed as dialed

Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast