Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

So any updates on the full flash for viphone on cricket
    Last edited by tomudachi; 02-12-2012 at 04:42 AM.

Newb

Default Re: Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

Hello Everyone,

I have changed my prls on androids but never on iphone. I have a Sprint iPhone 4s, it is jailbroken with absinthe.
    I dont want to change carriers, i just want to load PRL 11115 with 3g roaming on Verizon to my 4s.
    Is this possible using DiskAid?
    What file and on which folder do i need to replace?
    I see that i have the Zeppeli folder and the Sprint_OTA_US.bundle and Sprint_US.bundle. all of them have a file named carrier.prl and carrier.pri

Thanks

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

you need to load your prl into a custom ipsw then load the ipsw to your phone,or at least until an easier way is figred out, i dont know of another way,doesnt mean there is not one,i just havnt had much time to spend with 4s. good news though,the decryption keys are already there for 4s,(in plain sight,unhidden) which is really not like apple,but makes decryption alot easier to not have to search for keys.
    in the comming weeks i will make and post a custom cricket ipsw for sprint and verizon 4s iphones. sprint has the ability to send that prl to your phone,you might try to get someone in there tech dept and ask if they will do that for you,i doubt if they will but they have the ability.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Lieftime Premium Member cellfonepimp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rich hathaway View Post
    you need to load your prl into a custom ipsw then load the ipsw to your phone,or at least until an easier way is figred out, i dont know of another way,doesnt mean there is not one,i just havnt had much time to spend with 4s. good news though,the decryption keys are already there for 4s,(in plain sight,unhidden) which is really not like apple,but makes decryption alot easier to not have to search for keys.
    in the comming weeks i will make and post a custom cricket ipsw for sprint and verizon 4s iphones. sprint has the ability to send that prl to your phone,you might try to get someone in there tech dept and ask if they will do that for you,i doubt if they will but they have the ability.
    Hey Rich, I looked everywhere, searched for hours and days, could not find a tut for loading new prl in ipsw than restoring to iphone. Or a single post that flashes 5.0.1 without ota, which in my area is not an option but other flashers are flashing them. Dude Im begging you(no shame in my game) for some guidance.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

do you not have ota available or your phone just wont ota?
    you might check that ota is enabled on your phone.
    if your phone is using the sprint bundle ota is not gonna work without a prl and sid loaded.
    i have been to bizzy this last week to make one,i will get it done,but i must run my stores,ya know.ill try to put out one for cricket and one for metro.but i got to have the time to do it.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Lieftime Premium Member cellfonepimp's Avatar

Default Guide : How to write a new .prl to v-iphone 4 without open ssh-(the simple way)

Ota is available, I have not been successful in any of the 4.2.8-5.0.1 phones in getting the new prl to stick. I have a mac and a w7 machine and know its possible to make a custom ipsw with my prl, have searched over and over in my spare time and cant find a tut. Like you I own my own businesses, so my spare time is at night after work in the late night hours. Just so I dont leave anything out we are still changing the carrier.prl in the Zepp folder right? Same as your initial iFile method tut?