Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Old Timer

Default What's up with all the pop up banner ads?

Hey, I don't mind ads as much as the next member of Cdma gurus but everytime I tried to go through the forums, I got hit by those full page irritating banner ads that delay the skip part.

What's up with that? Is it really necessary to have such intrusive ads on this site? Or is a given that we had to sell it out and have to live with it in order to see Cdma gurus continue?

Geez.

I hate ADS.

Default Re: What's up with all the pop up banner ads?

This has been previously discussed. And as mentioned in both that discussion and the forum's FAQ members can opt out from the ads. It is reasonable that when the donation goals aren't met for 3 months in a row that the revenue source needs to come from somewhere to make up for low donation counts.
    Our ads are being adjusted this week and will go by the members user group as to how much advertising they see.

BABY NEWB

Quote Originally Posted by mobilefreedom View Post
    Hey, I don't mind ads as much as the next member of Cdma gurus but everytime I tried to go through the forums, I got hit by those full page irritating banner ads that delay the skip part.

What's up with that? Is it really necessary to have such intrusive ads on this site? Or is a given that we had to sell it out and have to live with it in order to see Cdma gurus continue?

Geez.

I hate ADS.

BE A GURU BOOSTER LIKE me No issues What so ever and you help keep the site alive this removes pop up adds
    MOTOROLA i1 SOLUTION BOOSt TO NEXTEL

Old Timer

I already gave my stance on this. We don't have enough freakin' pop up ads. I believe there should be about 50 of them before you can even get the info off the site. Let's make some money damn it.

Quote Originally Posted by smitty68521 View Post
    I already gave my stance on this. We don't have enough freakin' pop up ads. I believe there should be about 50 of them before you can even get the info off the site. Let's make some money damn it.
    I'm still looking for your sunglasses pop up to go over the big yellow ad. LOL! But we can get your 50 for you.