Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Default COM Port/Driver problem - QPST - Evo Shift not recognized with diag drivers

Basically, When i install the HTC Diag drivers for an Evo Shift I'm attempting to do an MEID repair on, the port does not show up on device manager under COM ports. Under modems -> device properties for the HTC USB Modem that comes up, a port number is assigned. CDMAWS finds the port fine. When In QPST config, the port does not show up unless I uncheck the box that says "Show serial and USB/QC diagnostic ports only"

When I do uncheck that box and select the port, it recognizes that it is plugged in and shows the ESN, but none of the QPST clients are able to communicate with it. I don't get error messages or anything along those lines, just.. no action. A few will load me in and only give me the 'work in offline mode' option. For all intents and purposes, this phone is dead to QPST, but works everywhere else.

I've tried multiple downloads of the HTC diag drivers from different sources, hoping one will populate a slot in device manager under Com ports and in QPST.. No luck there. Wondering if there is an easy fix for this or if someone could point me in the right direction.

I'm thinking this belongs in this forum, but feel free to move this if you think its more of an HTC problem than a QPST one.

Thanks in advance - and thanks for keeping this forum up. I'm no pro - amateur/hobbiest/poor guy trying to get by at best.. but you guys have been a great resource for me and are routinely the first place i turn to when.. tinkering

Newb

Default Re: COM Port/Driver problem - QPST - Evo Shift not recognized with diag drivers

Same thing happened to me, but this works 90% of the time, reboot computer and your phone, now plug your phone into the computer and ##etc# to put device into diag mode, do these steps every time you install a new driver to your pc!

Default Re: COM Port/Driver problem - QPST - Evo Shift not recognized with diag drivers

Ok guys there is an easy fix for this problem...Just go download a newer version of QPST and it will see the Evo Shift fine...I have QPST 2.7 Build 366
    and it works fine on it...Good luck

Newb

What is the best qxdm version to use on the evo shift or does it not matter!

Newb

Hello, I'm having the same trouble but none of the mentioned ssolutions are working. I have tried just about all htc diag drivers I can find anywhere and no luck can't get the EVO shift on a port I have HTC sync installed, I did my friends EVO and it worked time bit now iv been trying for two.days can anyone help me figure out what I need to do?

Newb

Thank you for info