This is probably pretty simple and general know how to most of you vets. But in my area, I haven't had the pleasure of modding to many phones that need a new or different radio installed yet.

So after using Big Willy's solution for my first EVO to Boost flash earlier today, the biggest part was I never knew how to load a radio since I never really had a need for it. So I found a few various tuts eventually and thought I would write up a quick one for all the NOBS out there (like myself) So hopefully it will get picked up easily in a search for people who are trying to learn as well.

If something similar is already on here, then mods delete this thread, I didnt find one when I was looking.

This should work on all phones needing a new radio and running android. As far as I know.

1. Copy the radio.zip to the root of your sdcard.

2. Boot in to Recovery Agent and choose the “Flash zip from sdcard”

3. Pick your zip off the list and then hit the power button to tell it to flash.

4. Let it run. Click on “reboot” off the top of the menu when its done running.

5. After you click reboot it will say “writing radio image”.

6. Your phone will then go to a black screen and disconnect from your computer. It will then show a picture of a phone. It will stay on this picture for about 30 seconds to a minute. Just let it keep that way for a bit, becuase its really working still.

7. Then it will reboot and go to a picture of the phone with a progress bar.

8. Phone will reboot again and this time it will boot up. When your phone first boots you will be greeted with a message telling you it’s checking for a firmware update. Go ahead and click cancel.

9. If you didn't click cancel it will time out after a minute or so.

10. You will then get a message saying you successfully flashed but it doesn’t display the radio version here so it’s safe to ignore.

11. You can go to Menu < Settings < About < Software and read under baseband version to find your current radio version.

And then your done and you should be rocking your new baseband/radio