Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newb

Exclamation Error code 67 when attempting to Update PRL

I did a meid repair on my HTC evo 4g. Afterward I did an OTA activation and everything seemed to be working fine. I can call, text, and 3g however when I attempted to turn on 4g I got an error code 67. So obviously I attempted to update my PRL and again error code 67, then I tried to update my profile and again I got error code 67.

The phone seems to be working fine except for I can't update my PRL or use 4g.
    I'm still on the sprint network, so how can I update my PRL?
    Does 4g use some sort of separate identifier that I might need to manually set?

Newb

Default Re: Error code 67 when attempting to Update PRL

You will never be able to use 4G. But from what I gather it seems the Profile 0 on your device is not properly set up from your donor. For this all you have to do is add this information using QPST's Service Programming option manually from the NV Item 1192 from your donor phone using the M.IP tab.

First thing you do is press Read from Phone at the bottom, choose Profile 0 and then press Edit.

If you use CDMA Workshop to backup this NV Item from the donor you just need the digits following the first 10 all the way to the last one before the file turns into all zeroes (the last 2 digits should be right below the 10 in the file! DON'T FORGET THOSE!). You should have 32 string long number and letter combination with no spaces in between. . You input this information in the AAA Shared Secret box after checking the "Enter Hex Value" option. This is the 16 character key Sprint uses to provision your phone using the OTA options and is unique to each phone as the MEID and ESN are. Call it a second security measure if you will.

Your NAI is the phone's [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and the HA Shared secret is simply "secret" (make sure you check "Enter text string". This is standard on all Sprint phones.). Click Ok, then Write to phone, after it is done reboot it and afterwards Update Profile and PRL should be working properly afterwards.

You will have 3G and everything else working if you input Profile 1 properly (which seems to be your case) but you won't be able to re-provision the Data portion of the handset over the air as your would your other Boost phone without Profile 0 properly set. Profile 1 is requires Profile 0 to be properly set up to do this over the air, otherwise this information has to be set up manually on the phone itself. If you notice sluggish 3G speeds chances are you're running in 1x and the phone simply shows the 3G icon instead...

Mind you, calling and texting don't depend on this information to work. They just need the MDN and MSID to be properly set in order to work without any issues.
    Last edited by Boooooommm; 04-03-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: organizing ideas better lol

Newb

Thank you so much. Your instructions were spot on, 3g is now working and error 67 is gone. You were also right about it using 1x as my evo is much faster now. Could you also explain to me why I can never get 4g? What part of my phone is linked to that.

Newb

The 4G has to be provisioned on its own. The phone's Mac address is not activated in the system so there's no way to get it provisioned through Boost. You'd have to get it provisioned through other means. There's ways to get a 4G device already activated on Sprint's Wimax partition on the Boosted Evo to get 4G working, and even reports of getting Clear to activate the 4G portion of the phone separately. But this is of course another matter entirely lol.

Newb

Thanks for the info boomer. This helped me fix my 3g too. Big ups!

Newb

This worked like a charm when I could not get the "3G" symbol and OTA Activation on my Epic. Be sure to double check everything, I missed one thing in the instructions and it didn't work..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast