Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newb

Default Re: Error code 67 when attempting to Update PRL

These instructions should work on just about any Boosted Sprint phone. Glad you guys got your phones properly working !!!

Newb

I have done the directions to the "T" but I am still not able to update the data profile, or prl.**Admin edit** ** Cloning reference removed** Is there something I might be missing, it seems so damn simple to get to work but these countless hours are really getting to me now...

TIA-Fick
    Last edited by Fick; 06-30-2011 at 01:16 PM.

While we allow discussion on repairing ESN's, we will not tolerate references to donor phones, cloning, or anything else that is a rules violations. Banns will be imposed and if the problem persists that members either don't/can't read the rules or feel they are above the rules. We will stop allowing discussions of that nature.

Stupidity to the rules is not an excuse!

Newb

Part of edit 2: skip to the bottom, it's working!

Hi, I'm having a similar problem after repairing. I believe I've followed the instructions by Boooooommm correctly (other than cdma ws, which I don't have). I've also researched elsewhere. Here's what I've done:

In QPST service programming, mip profile zero, corrected the nai to be the repaired [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], added "secret" for the HA Shared Secret as a text string, Verified my 1192 in qxdm & wrote it out under AAA Shared Secret. Wrote all that to phone. Reset phone, tried to update profile, got error 67.

I then found an old QPST backup of the phone and made sure everything matched up in QPST, all tabs. I did notice that in the PPP tab, the AN has my profile zero username, so I corrected the MEID there, but I didn't do anything under pass because there wasn't already something there. Could that be an issue? Should I put the AAA Shared Secret pass there?

Upon research elsewhere, I used QXDM to correct NV locations 1192, 1194 (this was right), 465 (this was right), and 466 (this was right). Now It gave me error 1012 instead of 67.

I also found the AAA in a text file that had been copied from the phone when it was working, and copied that into QPST, but it didn't look right when I did. Tried it anyway, and that got me back to error 67.

Did a hard reset, all that did was fix my voicemail so it is my phone number now. Yay! But error 67 persists. This has been fun, I've learned how to use these programs better, but there's still something missing. Please help! In the meantime I will be trying to get back to error 1012, perhaps that's better than 67.

edit:
    I went ahead and put in the AAA & HA Shared secret under profile 1 as well, and in the PPP location. Reset, but still same error. I could have sworn in between error 67 it said it was complete once, but still no data. I also re-read the original post, and noticed he was also talking about 4G, but I only care about 3G. I'm not even sure if error 67 applies to 4G, but it seems as if the OP was only getting 1x until Boooooommm helped him.

Does anyone know if there is something in the EVO like the ##778# that worked in WM phones? I was able to fix a Mogul just within that screen, would be so much easier because I could then copy & paste the AAA shared secret.

Edit 2:
    I took my first qpst backup after I got my talk & text working, but before I touched any of the data fields, and loaded it. Then I followed Boooooommm's instructions again. I added secret as the ha shared secret for profile 0 and 1, and added what I knew to be the AAA shared secret for profile 1 in there, and wrote it to the phone. QPST of course restarted the phone as normal. All is working now!!!! It didn't even ask for a profile update, I just noticed that the 3g symbol was working. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but thank you Boooooommm!!!
    Last edited by jasen; 07-02-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Newb

Quote Originally Posted by jasen View Post
    Part of edit 2: skip to the bottom, it's working!

Hi, I'm having a similar problem after repairing. I believe I've followed the instructions by Boooooommm correctly (other than cdma ws, which I don't have). I've also researched elsewhere. Here's what I've done:

In QPST service programming, mip profile zero, corrected the nai to be the repaired [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], added "secret" for the HA Shared Secret as a text string, Verified my 1192 in qxdm & wrote it out under AAA Shared Secret. Wrote all that to phone. Reset phone, tried to update profile, got error 67.

I then found an old QPST backup of the phone and made sure everything matched up in QPST, all tabs. I did notice that in the PPP tab, the AN has my profile zero username, so I corrected the MEID there, but I didn't do anything under pass because there wasn't already something there. Could that be an issue? Should I put the AAA Shared Secret pass there?

Upon research elsewhere, I used QXDM to correct NV locations 1192, 1194 (this was right), 465 (this was right), and 466 (this was right). Now It gave me error 1012 instead of 67.

I also found the AAA in a text file that had been copied from the phone when it was working, and copied that into QPST, but it didn't look right when I did. Tried it anyway, and that got me back to error 67.

Did a hard reset, all that did was fix my voicemail so it is my phone number now. Yay! But error 67 persists. This has been fun, I've learned how to use these programs better, but there's still something missing. Please help! In the meantime I will be trying to get back to error 1012, perhaps that's better than 67.

edit:
    I went ahead and put in the AAA & HA Shared secret under profile 1 as well, and in the PPP location. Reset, but still same error. I could have sworn in between error 67 it said it was complete once, but still no data. I also re-read the original post, and noticed he was also talking about 4G, but I only care about 3G. I'm not even sure if error 67 applies to 4G, but it seems as if the OP was only getting 1x until Boooooommm helped him.

Does anyone know if there is something in the EVO like the ##778# that worked in WM phones? I was able to fix a Mogul just within that screen, would be so much easier because I could then copy & paste the AAA shared secret.

Edit 2:
    I took my first qpst backup after I got my talk & text working, but before I touched any of the data fields, and loaded it. Then I followed Boooooommm's instructions again. I added secret as the ha shared secret for profile 0 and 1, and added what I knew to be the AAA shared secret for profile 1 in there, and wrote it to the phone. QPST of course restarted the phone as normal. All is working now!!!! It didn't even ask for a profile update, I just noticed that the 3g symbol was working. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but thank you Boooooommm!!!
    I tried Boooooomm's method and followed all the steps but still I am not able to get the data working.
    I was not able to recover AAA or HA serets. I used QSTP and coped over data on 1192 1194, 465 and 466, still no luck.
    NAI says it is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I am trying this on evo 3d.
    any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

The NAI shouldnt be your [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] it should be [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    you should also have a profile 0 for sprint and a profile 1 for Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by bond17_007 View Post
    I tried Boooooomm's method and followed all the steps but still I am not able to get the data working.
    I was not able to recover AAA or HA serets. I used QSTP and coped over data on 1192 1194, 465 and 466, still no luck.
    NAI says it is [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] I am trying this on evo 3d.
    any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast