Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Premium Member

Default Eris not showing as a COM Port

OKay, im trying to flash this eris. I have all the drivers (at least that I know of) put the phone into DIAG mode, htc sync and the computer recognize the phone and syncs up, but i can't get the blasted thing to show up as a COM so I can finish flashing the blasted thing.

I only have one computer to try it on right now too.

Ive powered up and powered off everything a million times, reloaded and uninstalled and reinstalled everything I could think of.

What am i missing here? Ive tried with usb connection setting set to charge only, sync, and mass storage drive with none of them making a difference.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Eris not showing as a COM Port

are you sure you have the right drivers? To my knowledge you don't need sync to connect thru diag mode. Also which OS are you using on your pc?

I would start off with the drivers and OS. Then move on to checking the com ports for conflicts, could also try to open the com with QPST and see if that helps.

The known causes I know of are, driver or port conflicts, bad cables and bad ports, and custom ROMs.

you could always flash prl via sd card if needbe and at least get talk txt on that bugger if it doesn't work

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pac3comm1 View Post
    are you sure you have the right drivers? To my knowledge you don't need sync to connect thru diag mode. Also which OS are you using on your pc?
    I think I found the right drivers, they were on the HTC site, but thinking about it now, it told me it was drivers but thats how I got the HTC sync on my computer. Ill go back and check if there are any other ones out there. And figure i had the right ones, becuase it see's the phone as a mass stoage device, also see's it under modem devices when I look at my device manager. Maybe I'll try uninstalling just the SYNC

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    I would start off with the drivers and OS. Then move on to checking the com ports for conflicts, could also try to open the com with QPST and see if that helps.

The known causes I know of are, driver or port conflicts, bad cables and bad ports, and custom ROMs.
    I tried using QPST and it wasnt showing at all on any of the COMs ive added to qpst in the past. Oh and Im using Windows 7 sorry left that part out. Cables good becuase I used it on a Droid 2 the same day and worked fine for all I had to do. I did find one driver conflict but I fixed it and then it was still a no go.

Quote Originally Posted by ownmart View Post
    you could always flash prl via sd card if needbe and at least get talk txt on that bugger if it doesn't work
    Thanks Own, Ill give that a try if nothing else in the mean time until I can get the COM issue situated so I can work on the data part.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

you need to select "charge only" use these htc drivers they work.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

put them in a folder and lable them HTC_HERO_DIAG_Drivers

have you been able to read other htc devices?

so, 1-change driver 2- check/change cable 3-change physical usb port on pc 4- clean port on phone 5-if all that doesnt work go buy a 12 pack and immediatly drown sorrows ....LOL
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast