Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Newb

Cool Boost Mobile working on Nextel branded Blackberry has benefits of using cheaper plan?

So the other day a customer of mine informs me he has boost mobile and buys a used nextel blackberry curve from me... As we are talking about why he is buying a used phone from me and not a brand new boost curve is because he informs me he can put his boost mobile (non blackberry plan, he is operating on the $50 unlimited plan) account onto this nextel curve and bypass the $60 boost blackberry plan with all features still working properly, even email which I was shocked to hear. He got the idea from a few guys he works with in the construction business from always messing up phones. Has anyone else heard of this, or if you have and I have the wrong information considering I haven't physically seen this work, I'd like to hear about it, sounds like a good deal even though its only $10 bucks less

BABY NEWB

Default Re: Boost Mobile working on Nextel branded Blackberry has benefits of using cheaper p

I would ask him how he gets his email, if its is forward though from blackberry or he just logs on with his internet? There is no way I have heard of getting your email thur blackberry without paying them. Of course I learn new things everyday.

Newb

Default Re: Boost Mobile working on Nextel branded Blackberry has benefits of using cheaper p

Talk and Walkie Talkie will work from just plugging in a Boost sim card. Text, picture messaging and web will work with proper service books. As for email, the only way without a Blackberry plan is thru third party apps like Shangmail. Only benefit I see from having a Nextel Blackberry on Boost is if you really need the walkie talkie function.