Join Today

Site Sponsor
    Apprentice

Default android.process.acore has stopped / com.htc.bg has stopped

android.process.acore has stopped / com.htc.bg has stopped

I keep getting both of these force close messages on my EVO. I've read other threads and people have "suggested" that it "could" be caused by a number of things, but those guys that make the suggestions have all sorts of flashed ROM's and modifications on their phones.

I have my phone on Boost, and it's rooted, but I still have the stock 2.2 ROM as well as the original radio version.

Even though I'm curious as to what may be causing this, I'm also just as curious as to what "stops" working when I have to force close both of these messages, and also what I can do to stop it.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by bobbybowden; 03-19-2011 at 08:17 AM.

Default Re: android.process.acore has stopped / com.htc.bg has stopped

factory reset IMO if it does it again after try a different rom since your rooted and all
    Retired

As mentioned a hard reset is your best bet.
    android.process.acore has stopped / com.htc.bg has stopped
    The problem for the htc.bg is most likely with a syncing account like gmail, facebook, twitter, or even possibly the weather. So if you FC .com.htc.bg you may get some other errors for syncing. For the .acore is could be a bad contact or data that can not be synced.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I get the htc.bg fc on occasion and all it does on my Hero is fc's the weather animation.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by whitey10tc View Post
    As mentioned a hard reset is your best bet.
    The problem for the htc.bg is most likely with a syncing account like gmail, facebook, twitter, or even possibly the weather. So if you FC .com.htc.bg you may get some other errors for syncing. For the .acore is could be a bad contact or data that can not be synced.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I get the htc.bg fc on occasion and all it does on my Hero is fc's the weather animation.
    yup.. just like whitey10tc sed.. dont u have task killer on your phone? use it

Apprentice

I don't use any task killer's, and the ROM on the phone is still the original one. May be weather app or "better keyboard" app.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbybowden View Post
    I don't use any task killer's, and the ROM on the phone is still the original one. May be weather app or "better keyboard" app.
    If you do a bit of searching around you'll find some people have fixed the error by combing their contacts both in gmail and facebook for "funky" addresses like 3#> street < <city> just a strange type of format that can not be synced can cause the errors. Could be a bad weather app, I did notice when my Hero does it I don't have a gps location in the weather and the weather info is blank.