Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Apprentice

Default Re: Here is how to put verizon iphone 4 into diagnostic mode

I've been trying these very same codes literally since day one, and I've never found a com port using any of these codes. There has to be something else you are doing that we are missing. I'm curious but is there anything special about your iPhone? Is your iPhone on an active line and do you have the tethering feature?

Also, thanks for sharing the information.

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

i do have tethering on one and dont on 2 others. your pc should recognise. heres what i will do,its late tonight,but tomorrow i will restore one of them and try again to compare. i have documented everything i have done very well, so if i cant get a port again after restore i will search my notes and post the results,also i will try on a different pc as well,but i will say that i could not get it to show up until i dialed the dm codes.having said that the pc i am using is a dedicated for iphone only pc that i have used for a year,i dont keep anything but iphone softwares ect. on it,and i mean it has about everything on it that has been out there in the last several years for i-devices,having said that i did plug one up to a desktop pc at the store today and it did show up. i will see if i can come up w/something tomorrow.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

CDMA GURUS Booster

ok guy's,like i said all the drivers you will need are within the device its-self.

if it is not showing up,here what you need to do.(for windows 7) xp will be similar,but not the same.

we will want to get this device to show up as a mtp device,so,

open device manager,with the phone plugged,and all three dm modes enabled,scroll down on pc dev manager to the

last field,universal serial bus controllers,there you will see apple mobile device usb driver,right click that,select property's,then select driver tab,then select update driver, then select the option on the bottom,(browse my computer for software),then,let me pick option,there you will see

sorry about the line on the ss,i am in a hurry and dont have time to make another one.

select mtp usb device,then push the button on the lower right hand corner(next) to install,

this will get get it to show up as apple iphone portable device.

now we want to get it to show up as a modem, i gotta leave now so i will post more on the iphone as a modem later today or tomorrow.

if this helps you please hit the thanks buttons...
    Last edited by rich hathaway; 03-13-2011 at 11:03 AM.

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

So does the port do anything or is it just for looks rite now? I haven't had a chance to try this yet.

Also tethering does enable some extra ports to the phone. I noticed this back the first week of feb when i get my first viphone. Using mywi i was able to get extra modem ports. I think it was wired tether that i used.

Apprentice

Fascinating... I don't know what it is. I followed the steps rich documented precisely and I don't get anything. I leave the device manager open and nothing shows up at all even when I refresh it. I'm using Windows XP by the way...

CDMA GURUS Booster

Quote Originally Posted by xxSLRxx View Post
    Fascinating... I don't know what it is. I followed the steps rich documented precisely and I don't get anything. I leave the device manager open and nothing shows up at all even when I refresh it. I'm using Windows XP by the way...
    i am using win7, i have a couple of pc's with xp at the store if i have time tomorrow i will check them out. i am sure

there is gonna be alot of variables with this phone as there has never been one before on cdma.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast