Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

iPhone Moderator, Trusted Guru &
    CDMA GURUS Booster

Default Verizon is sweeping accounts again

Yes its that time again, its been 3 years since they did it but they are knocking the mifis off again and have created a "no-renew" list as well.
    This list is pro active in the sence that if you are late on your payment even by a couple days you are moved to this list and after that cannot make any payment on the account thus allowing it to not renew and then number is recycled and boom-badda-bing guess what? you dont have working mifi anymore, so the days of skating by for a few months at a time and not making any $5 payment on your already to cheap plans are over!!

I have been experimenting around some with this and have been able to pull some accounts back into good standing and get them off this list, but to be honest the 3G days are about over anyway, in a year they are claiming to stop activations for 3G accounts anyway so time to move to 4G

So if you try to make your payment and the automated line says "please make a payment today....Goodbye." then hangs up on you, well your on the list.and you must have been a bit late or alot late making your payment this month or last month.
    You can still get your 3g devices reflashed but why would you? with 4G service available now its a no brainer to move to the 4G flash now.
    anyway post your questions and comments in this thread for the killing of 3G mifis and the no call list if you have any.
    Custom tools and custom phone & mifi firmwares built to your specs.Contact me !

I WILL NOT ANSWER SUPPORT QUESTIONS THRU PRIVATE MSG.
    See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

www.mifis.us <--get yer unlimited data mifis here

Newb

Default Re: Verizon is sweeping accounts again

I think they have closed a lot if not all of the prepaid 3g accounts on the flashed devices starting 07/17/2018. I received a text message on my flashed android phone "There has been activity on your account that violates our terms of service. We will be terminating your service today", indeed it no longer gets service. Today my MIFI 4510L couldn't get an internet connection and I'm sure it was hit in the sweep as well. Both devices had remaining balances on their accounts, one had $16 the other $31 so the issue had nothing to do with payments for me. This is my first post and I'm just trying to alert others to be careful about adding money to their accounts at Verizon and consider cancelling autopay if you have it set up.

Newb

Are the 4g accounts safe from these sweeps?

CDMA GURUS Booster

yes it seems they are not getting affected at all

See mifis.us for unlimited data on vzw-AT&T-TMO-or some MVNO's (Resellers welcome)

Newb

My 4620 that you flashed for me some time ago was kicked off a couple nights ago after nearly a year (maybe over a year by now) of faithful service... lol I've seen others reporting the same thing in a few different places so I decided to pop in here to check and see what's happening. Good to know there's an explanation, but I miss my backup 3G... lol I figured something like this was in the works though, for the past few months I've had to jump through hoops to get my payment to go and get my due date pushed up another month. Just a couple weeks ago when I paid I ended up using 3 different payments before it finally "took" and gave me another month. I guess that was Verizon's parting gift from me on the way out...

So on the 4G flash... I think I asked you (Rich) before, but the 4620 doesn't support that flash right? So to move to 4G I'd need to pick up another hotspot to have flashed? That's kind of what I was avoiding, since it's only a backup for my unlimited AT&T that I use for my main internet. It was kinda nice having a fallback though, and for guests to use when I had my main connection tied up doing something important. I'd be interested in getting the 3G redone if it's reasonable, considering the risk and limited time before they kill off EVDO anyway, or maybe even 4G depending on the upfront cost.

CDMA GURUS Booster

I can still do 3g but highly suggest switching to 4g, 3g has no gaurantee anymore

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast