Join Today

Site Sponsor
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newb

Default Help please how can I get my original esn

Hello I need some help please, hope that you can help me. I'm going to get my phone flashed to cricket (not myself),but before I can start working on that, I have some other problem. I need a tutorial on how to get the original factory Meid and esn on the lg vortex from Verizon I knew from the begining that I was getting a phone with a bad esn from verizon, but the problem is that those numbers dont match (back of the battery and in phone settings) So you see, Im not sure which one is the real or original esn,and I dont have a way to contact the seller. Thank you.

Default Re: Help please how can I get my original esn

Sounds like you got a cloned phone. Most likely used another network like PP or Metro or even boost. The ESN on the sticker is what you want to match.

My words o advice, re-write it back to the phone. There is a LG MEID writer in the LG software forum, although I doubt it'll work, it's a start.

Newb

My words o advice, re-write it back....
    Well the problem is that I'm not so sure if thats the real esn/meid, the sticker looks kind of misplaced, is not that noticeable, only if you look carefully but still, thats what makes me more confused. I do know now that both numbers are banned on verizon, so this makes me even more confused. Now if there is something I can do to "reset" (maybe not the right word) those numbers to factory? besides writing the numbers with some software, because like you already know, this phone is kind of a new for this kind of process and like "whitey10tc" mentioned, maybe its not going to work If somebody can confirm that If I flashed and activate the phone on cricket and use the esn/meid on the sticker, its going to be ok, then Im going to be very happy with that. What I mean by this is, that if the number is not the original esn,I got a purchase receipt, that is supposed to protect me from any problem, right? Thanks for the quick reply.

now your splitting hairs, either take the one on it or try to write whats on the sticker back to it, it doesnt have to be that difficult. and if you flash your phone to cricket you have voided your warranty anyway. and how did the phone get to the state its in and in your possession you didnt buy it in a store obviously.
    Retired

Newb

how did the phone get to the state its in and in your possession you didnt buy it in a store obviously.
    The phone was like that when I bought It, I usually dont check the esn when doing this, I dont know if thats a newbie thing, but many people do the same thing, usually until Its too late like now. And yes I did bought the phone on a local shop in my area, and got a receipt to probe it, but when I went down there,to resolve the problem, they gave me a bunch of excuses about the phone being sold as is, but he never ever mentioned that the phone had a bad esn. Tough about getting legal help, but I dont think its worth the time I need to spend on this, so I decided after long thinking, that Im going to try and flash it to cricket,(dont know how yet) and may use it or sell it. Why do I have the impresion that you guys think im trying something "not so good" here If you analyze my question closely, you will see that you are wrong. (if you really tough that) And Im not trying to be rude ok, just wanted to point that What I need is exactly this, nothing more, nothing less (at least not in this tread ) "A way to get the original esn/meid of the phone" I was thinking that maybe reseting something will do, but I guess I was way off. I will try the solutions posted,thank you guys ,both of you and anybody else that have something else to add.

Quote Originally Posted by jose22 View Post
    The phone was like that when I bought It, I usually dont check the esn when doing this, I dont know if thats a newbie thing, but many people do the same thing, usually until Its too late like now. And yes I did bought the phone on a local shop in my area, and got a receipt to probe it, but when I went down there,to resolve the problem, they gave me a bunch of excuses about the phone being sold as is, but he never ever mentioned that the phone had a bad esn. Tough about getting legal help, but I dont think its worth the time I need to spend on this, so I decided after long thinking, that Im going to try and flash it to cricket,(dont know how yet) and may use it or sell it. Why do I have the impresion that you guys think im trying something "not so good" here If you analyze my question closely, you will see that you are wrong. (if you really tough that) And Im not trying to be rude ok, just wanted to point that What I need is exactly this, nothing more, nothing less (at least not in this tread ) "A way to get the original esn/meid of the phone" I was thinking that maybe reseting something will do, but I guess I was way off. I will try the solutions posted,thank you guys ,both of you and anybody else that have something else to add.
    Buying from a dealer, I wouldn't have checked 4 yrs ago either. But I always do now, even on the ones I flash for customers.
    It happens way to often around here, and is unfortunate. You do have legal standing against the dealer, it's a crime to sell a cloned phone, of course you would need to surrender the phone and press charges. I'm sure our thoughts are the same "not worth the trouble"

Try the LG MEID writer there's a couple of them. you can also find the bin, dll and use LGNPST to try and write it back. You could also write it back with CDMA WS 3.6. Any route you go we're always here to heckle and give pointers and help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast